Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Click/tracks suddenly out of tempo?.. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406229)

J.Andreas 09-06-2019 05:46 PM

Click/tracks suddenly out of tempo?..

Hi,
I've recorded a song for hours. Suddenly, the click and tracks don't allign, and I've been pulling my hair trying to figure out what the problem is.. Midi tracks seem to follow the click, but the audio tracks I've recorded to the click are suddenly all way off.. Even when I go back to backups the same problem appears.

Does anyone have a clue why this happened and what I can do to fix it? I've upgraded to Mojave and 2019.5 recently and I never had this happen before..

JFreak 09-06-2019 06:41 PM

Re: Click/tracks suddenly out of tempo?..

Hi, welcome to the community

Click is based on bars/beats and audio is just samples. All the "tick" based tracks (MIDI) follow click by their nature but manipulating tempo on sample-based audio is another trick. Take a look at the Reference Guide. It is a lengthy one but has a good index.

J.Andreas 09-07-2019 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2537381)
Hi, welcome to the community

Click is based on bars/beats and audio is just samples. All the "tick" based tracks (MIDI) follow click by their nature but manipulating tempo on sample-based audio is another trick. Take a look at the Reference Guide. It is a lengthy one but has a good index.

Thanks for the answer. I understand that midi follows the click regardless of tempo when tick based and audio does not. I've read through the reference guide, but I still can't figure out how to get it synced again. I don't get why something (everything) recorded in 138 BPM in this case, suddenly doesn't follow the click at the same BPM. I haven't changed anything afaik. Just suddenly when I pressed play everything was bananas.

Forgive me if I'm slow, but is there any setting I'm missing?

JFreak 09-07-2019 02:06 AM

You have probably tried Elastic Audio

Ben Jenssen 09-07-2019 08:14 AM

Are the audio tracks late, early, slower, faster, have they changed pitch? Details, please.

Rich Breen 09-07-2019 08:28 AM

I wonder if perhaps you either enabled or disabled the tempo ruler: check the little conductor icon in the midi controls in the transport bar.

midnightrambler 09-07-2019 11:11 AM

Or have the audio tracks slid out of place? Have you tried “spot” to see if the original time stamp matches up to its current position? Apologies if this is barking up the wrong tree, not many details to go on.

J.Andreas 09-08-2019 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2537400)
You have probably tried Elastic Audio

No tracks are elastic audio enabled either unfortunately.. thanks for the tip anyway!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2537406)
Are the audio tracks late, early, slower, faster, have they changed pitch? Details, please.

The audio tracks are the same pitch, same tempo but are late. Even the first part of the song where the clips are recorded from the very start, the wave forms are late. In other words, if I chop all audio up and move them manually a bit earlier they sync up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Breen (Post 2537407)
I wonder if perhaps you either enabled or disabled the tempo ruler: check the little conductor icon in the midi controls in the transport bar.

Tried it both enabled and disabled, the problem persists. Thanks anyway for the contribution!

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightrambler (Post 2537409)
Or have the audio tracks slid out of place? Have you tried “spot” to see if the original time stamp matches up to its current position? Apologies if this is barking up the wrong tree, not many details to go on.

The tracks are at the same time stamp as original. It seems like the bars/beats have moved somehow..

JFreak 09-08-2019 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Andreas (Post 2537469)
It seems like the bars/beats have moved somehow..

Well then move it back! You can manipulate song start position

J.Andreas 09-08-2019 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2537471)
Well then move it back! You can manipulate song start position

Aahhh I'm an idiot... Thank you!! Didn't realise you could do that. That did the trick. Again, thanks for the quick help, much appreciated!