Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Intro Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Error - One or more activation locations are not accessible (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398907)

panchamsur01 04-27-2018 01:04 PM

Error - One or more activation locations are not accessible

When I launch the Pro Tools First which is a free version 2018.1, I get an error as below

Activation failed. There are no remaining iLok assets in your Account.

Now when I go to iLok Manager and try to deactivate the licenses, I get the below error,

'One or more activation locations are not accessible'

Anyone has any idea how I can resolve this issue and continue my learning the Pro Tools First?

Would highly appreciate someone's help resolve this issue.

Thank you.
/Om

64GTOBOY 04-27-2018 03:00 PM

Re: Error - One or more activation locations are not accessible

Start by updating ilok manager. If you stiil have issues check the ilok website. They have a pretty comprehensive problem/solution FAQ that should put you right. If not check back here

panchamsur01 04-27-2018 03:06 PM

I did try the latest iLok License manager as well.

But now the error says,

The license is activated on a different machine. Pleas run iLok License Manager on that machine to deactivate. if you no longer have access to the machine and would like to have your license back, please contact the publisher for a machine activation reset.

And now I have no idea where I can find the publisher whom I can send the request to reset the license.

Any help here?

Thanks.
/Om

64GTOBOY 04-27-2018 04:21 PM

You can find more info on the ilok website, but if I'm not mistaken the "publisher" in this case would be Avid. Try Sync ilok manager. On the "My Products and Subscriptions" page on the AVID website you can check both your machine id and ilok id to make sure everything is matching up. If you haven't yet looked up your error on the ilok website I would say that's you're next step.

panchamsur01 04-27-2018 04:39 PM

I checked the iLok website and read the Manual as well. There are number of steps mentioned to deactivate the license.

But the problem is, I can only deactivate from the Computer where the license was activated. And I dont have those laptops which I had purchased to try out.

Now only one option remains is, contact the publisher. I know the publisher would be Avid. But how can I contact them? Any email ID, contact number?

In support page, there was a place from where I can raise query; which I did already. I received the reply mentioning, I can only post my issue on community forums and try to solve the issue.

And hence I am now here waiting for someone who can help me resolve this. :(

Thanks a lot for your help my friend.

/Om

Southsidemusic 04-27-2018 04:49 PM

Hey Buddy

I have escalated this to Avid tech support and someone will get back to you here or via PM/Email with a resolve.

Hang tight and look for a reply. You can subscribe to this thread and get a notice when anyone replies here.

Let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can help you with,

Best Regards
Christopher

panchamsur01 04-27-2018 07:03 PM

OMG, so so kind of you!!! May GOD bless you and may you get benefited by all my good merits.

Received an email to my gmail ID.

Just followed the step and its seems to have got sorted.
Will try to record some stuff tomorrow and verify again.

THANKS A MILLION ONCE AGAIN!

Love you all!

/Om

Southsidemusic 04-28-2018 06:18 AM

You are very welcome :-)

Let us know how you get on and if you need further assistance.

panchamsur01 04-28-2018 12:29 PM

For Sure.

I am so happy to know I am getting so much of help for my learning of Pro Tools First.

I am a total beginner.

I need to learn many basic things and then also want to learn how to do record only the phrases that were not sung effectively or with lack of expressions. That way, I can make my recording much better.

And also then, how to equalize the complete song so it doesn't sound patchy.

Many things to learn and long way to go.

Thanks again for all your support!

Kind regards,
/Om

panchamsur01 09-22-2018 12:23 PM

Friends,

My sincere apologies for forgetting to mention my gratefulness toward all of you who helped me fix the issues with Pro Tools. (Although I now have new questions which I will ask in some other thread separately)

I was able to record around 7 songs where I mixed my vocals using Pro Tools built in features of EQ, Compression, De-ess, Reverb etc.

Here is the first post of my song on my channel.
Cant Help Falling In Love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbtOxbBhbGs&t=17s

And another second one.
You Look Like An Angel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C3U2hm8KmQ

There other songs in other languages too.

If you like my songs, please do help me Like, Comment and Subscribe.

Thank you once again from my heart!

/Om