Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Help - ProTools 11 - No iLok Activation - No ASC Support Code (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340960)

TonyPT 06-29-2013 03:12 AM

Help - ProTools 11 - No iLok Activation - No ASC Support Code

Hello,

I am searching for the best way to obtain assistance from Avid regarding the situation I got myself into after, 1) installing Pro Tools 11 (PT11) from 10.3.5, 2) successfully using PT11, 3) uninstalling (Clean) via the Uninstaller Utility, 4) reinstalling PT11, and 5) subsequently running into no iLok activations left, and 6) no ASC support code to request help directly from Avid.

This is most likely user error on my part, however, there has be an easier way to rectify the issue.

Detailed:
1. I wanted to take advantage of the free cross-grade to PT11, so I purchased version 10, from PT8, installed PT10, without incident, all is well.

2. When PT11 was released downloaded the installer, Pro_Tools_11_0_0_Mac_79652.dmg, AIR_Creative_Collection_11_0_0_Mac_79589, Avid Plug-Ins 11.0.0 Update, and the Pro Tools 11.0 Demo Session

3. I quickly installed PT11, without uninstalling PT10.3.5. Still PT11 was working fine.

4. That was about a month ago.

5. Now, having some extra free time, I decided that I should do a clean uninstall, using the Uninstall utility, guaranteeing I uninstalled everything, and then starting fresh, with new install of PT11, thus having a peace of mind that I installed PT11 in the proper manner

6. After copying PT11 to the Applications folder, the installation instructions stated to launch PT11 and the installation would then take place

7. During the install I was asked to log into iLok to retrieve an activation. Apparently, I used my activation when I installed PT11 the first time.

So, no activation code

8. The next step was to contact Avid to determine the best course of action.

9. During my installation of "PT10" I did call PT support for some reason, and used my Avid Support Code, although the support rep stated that he wasn't going to charge my ASC.

So, I thought I would have still have an ASC.

After going to My Avid Account, I find that I have no ASC.

No iLok Activation, no ASC, thus thoroughly confused. I can't imagine that I now need to purchase Avid Support Code: Pro Tools software (LE, M-Powered, & standalone) for $39.95 to determine what I need to do get an Activation so that I can finally install PT11.

Thank you for any advice on what I need to do at this point.

Tony Ventura

nst7 06-29-2013 07:29 AM

Re: Help - ProTools 11 - No iLok Activation - No ASC Support Code

You don't need a support code for help with anything to do with activation/registration, which this falls under.

You can just call them, and follow the prompts for registration/activation help.

TonyPT 06-29-2013 07:53 AM

Re: Help - ProTools 11 - No iLok Activation - No ASC Support Code

Thank you so much for this information. This helps a great deal.

Best regards,

Tony