Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   D-Command Pt 2018 Help! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412084)

Starnine 09-30-2020 08:28 PM

D-Command Pt 2018 Help!

Please advise
I have Avid Standard Subscription Icon D-Command,
Hd3 Accel, Pro tool 10 hd.
But I want to use Pro Tools 2018

I also have Neyrinc yearly subscrption.

At one point while testing, Pro Tools Ultimate trial, Digilink Trial, and Neyrink Trial.
Everthing worked well together. Minus HD3 Accel

Once the Trials ended.

I payed for the Neyrink upgrade.

Now nothing works together? Meaning on the Icon-D-Command

Please tell me how to make it work again?

Which am I Supposed to purchase to Make my Icon Come alive again.

Mac Pro 12 Core 3.0.6 ghz
5,1 Osx 10.13.6,

Thanks in advance!

crizdee 10-01-2020 12:32 AM

Re: D-Command Pt 2018 Help!

Hi,

You don’t need anything to run D Command the driver software is included with pro tools.

Whats happening? Does it just not go online? Have you gone to setup peripherals Ethernet and scanned for the D Command? Does it show in the list of Ethernet controllers? Maybe you just needed to re assign it as an Ethernet controller.

Failing that run the pro tools installer to reinstall the driver software and scan again for Ethernet controllers

Chris

Starnine 10-20-2020 12:53 AM

Hello Sir.
Sorry for the late reply. I have been out of town for a while.

But the answer is no. Pro tools 2018.12 doesn't even see the Icon D-Command on the ethernet driver. I am at a loss. I cant figure it out.

When I open the Neyrinck app. it does see the D-Command but does not activate it?

Could it be because I purchased, the Pro tool Subscription in 2020, instead of 2018. Meaning maybe I don't have the proper license. I also don't have a physical Ilok, only the Cloud Account?

Thanks

Best Regards!

Southsidemusic 10-20-2020 05:24 AM

Is it an Ultimate subscription of PT?

I believe you need an HD license aka Ultimate as normal PT native aka Vanilla wont work with the controller or your PT HD setup.

Darryl Ramm 10-20-2020 08:15 AM

Christopher likely has your answer with you needing an Ultimate license. What exactly shows up in ILM as the license description for the cloud license assigned to the computer you are using? If you think it is Ultimate actually check in ILM what it says. Disconnect any iLoks that might contain other licenses.

Also exactly what Neyrinck software are you talking about? V-Mon?

originalscottyg 10-20-2020 09:28 AM

He is probably talking about V-Control Pro which allows Pro Controls & Control 24s to work with modern Pro Tools. Unfortunately I don't believe V-Control Pro works with Icon series.

Darryl Ramm 10-20-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalscottyg (Post 2580657)
He is probably talking about V-Control Pro which allows Pro Controls & Control 24s to work with modern Pro Tools. Unfortunately I don't believe V-Control Pro works with Icon series.

Or hopefully V-Mon which does.. but that's why I'm asking.

DetroitT 10-20-2020 01:56 PM

Possibly,
Find a HD now Ultimate reinstatement and upgrade your HD10.
Trade up your HD3 to HD Native will also get new lic.

All depending on Avid account items.

originalscottyg 10-21-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2580659)
Or hopefully V-Mon which does.. but that's why I'm asking.

I believe V-Mon only handles monitoring duties as an X-Mon replacement for Icons. I don't think it does anything to get the control surface portion to work with non-HD/Ultimate software. I could be mistaken though.

Southsidemusic 10-21-2020 12:00 PM

Yeah he NEEDS a HD license to use Icon and Avid cards so no shortcut there unfortunately. He said hej t worked on the trial Ultimate and thats obvious but now with just vanilla PT it doesn’t work so that is the solution - Get a Ultimate license or keep using your PT10HD license and skip 2018 and up.