Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How does Avid handle Stolen systems? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=316639)

kooz 02-01-2012 09:52 AM

How does Avid handle Stolen systems?

My studio was recently burglarized and one of my HD3Accel systems was stolen.
I've reported the serial #s to Avid's registration and a notes has been put in my file.
Will Avid notify me if someone should try to register the cards under their name? or if the cards are used in a hardware upgrade?
Ideally, I'd like to have the cards recovered by the local authorities for them to pursue as part of their investigation. I have no need to personally be in contact with the person who may try to use the stolen equipment - that's why I pay taxes.
Thanks everyone....hopefully DigiTechSupt will chime in...

the dude 02-01-2012 10:39 PM

Re: How does Avid handle Stolen systems?

If the way the support currently sold products is a gauge
I doubt they have a dedicated section to oversee or cross reference serial numbers
Or operate like pawn shops with reporting hardware Or any exchange info to authorities what so ever
, now with that said that's is why insurance is critical when you need to minimize losses
As long as you file a local report you will be covered if it shows up somewhere
Other than that I hope you find the a-hole(s)
It's worth a shot to call avid..maybe you'll luck out

nerd513 02-02-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kooz (Post 1896696)
My studio was recently burglarized and one of my HD3Accel systems was stolen.
I've reported the serial #s to Avid's registration and a notes has been put in my file.
Will Avid notify me if someone should try to register the cards under their name? or if the cards are used in a hardware upgrade?
Ideally, I'd like to have the cards recovered by the local authorities for them to pursue as part of their investigation. I have no need to personally be in contact with the person who may try to use the stolen equipment - that's why I pay taxes.
Thanks everyone....hopefully DigiTechSupt will chime in...

u sound kinda shady why r u asking question on here when u already talked to avid and the police?? u should have asked ur questions when u were talking to avid... my gut feeling is u r trying to pull some sort of scam

Cliffy_Boy 02-02-2012 07:46 AM

Not possible, Nerd. He's from Toronto. They don't scam. They don't jay-walk. They even stop at stop signs. If he were from Montreal.... ;)

kooz 02-03-2012 10:40 AM

@Cliffy_Boy LOL. I jaywalk all the time.
@nerd513 - no, I was just looking for user experience. I'm sure I'm not the first one to rn into this, was just wondering if anyon has had success in recovery with Avid possibly notifying you that someone is trying to register your cards.

Avid has noted which serial #s were taken. they have been quite helpful

2224 02-05-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerd513 (Post 1897033)
u sound kinda shady why r u asking question on here when u already talked to avid and the police?? u should have asked ur questions when u were talking to avid... my gut feeling is u r trying to pull some sort of scam

We are in Canada, we do things different from the USA Nerd. :-)