Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   MIDI (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   MIDI Regions Grayed Out? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=287435)

philip888 11-17-2010 12:06 PM

MIDI Regions Grayed Out?

I am having something happen that I can't get my head around.

On several sessions that I have instrument tracks on using SD, Play and Structure.

After I have saved a session and then come back to it later the MIDI information in the region will be grayed out. Mind you "the region is not muted".

There is nothing I can do to get it to play what was there.

If I Duplicate the Instr Track the region appears as it should and I can use the duplicated track.

What is going on here?

Thanks

DigiTechSupt 11-17-2010 03:34 PM

Re: MIDI Regions Grayed Out?

You should make sure you're showing Instruments View and select the proper output from the MIDI section of the instrument track.

There are several possible causes for this issue - having multiple VI's inserted on the same track, for instance. What happens is that Pro Tools essentially loses track of which VI is the correct one for the output of the tracks. Moving VI's between tracks, etc. can also cause this.

We're working on a fix for this, though I have no specific info on when that may happen.

philip888 11-23-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 1705179)
You should make sure you're showing Instruments View and select the proper output from the MIDI section of the instrument track.

There are several possible causes for this issue - having multiple VI's inserted on the same track, for instance. What happens is that Pro Tools essentially loses track of which VI is the correct one for the output of the tracks. Moving VI's between tracks, etc. can also cause this.

We're working on a fix for this, though I have no specific info on when that may happen.

Thanks for the explanation.

Lets me know what I can and can't do.

Knowing it is something the app is good to know.

I was starting to suspect hardware issues.

Thanks again.

Kmi 02-22-2013 07:27 AM

- Copy the regions grayed out
- Create a new inst/midi track
- Load your inst/plugin
- Paste the regions
- done

FJ92 07-18-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 1705179)

It's 2016 now and this is still a problem I face every day.

Is this still being worked on?

29CountsNY 07-18-2016 01:00 PM

Just ran into this one for the first time over the weekend. Was thinking it was something I did but the workaround worked.

FJ92 07-18-2016 01:11 PM

The workaround works fine but it's just another one of these problems to add to the long, long list of issues that have been around for over five years that just aren't being sorted.

29CountsNY 07-18-2016 01:11 PM

I agree.

FJ92 07-18-2016 01:14 PM

I've recently started to get the "Pro Tools could not set to the specified sample rate value" today after no changes. A search reveals that this is also an old, known bug. :(

29CountsNY 07-18-2016 01:17 PM

This is the first issue that has popped up for me since version 10.
I've been real lucky with my setup. I'm definitely in the minority from what I see on here though.