Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Heat + Complete Plugin Bundle for Subscriptions (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405682)

Stephen Bond 08-08-2019 12:59 AM

Re: Heat + Complete Plugin Bundle for all subscribers

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFT (Post 2534889)
Slightly off topic ... but since I've never had a chance to use it, I'd love to read/ hear some contemporary opinions of Heat by long time Heat users ... particularly in light of the ongoing release of other amazing new plugins.

The most interesting thing I've come across so far it that it is still relevant with respect to its harmonic distortion function, but that UAD, Softube and other tape emulations have left that function in the dust.

I have a perpetual license for HD Native and I'm preparing to jump ship after acquiring as many of the Tier 3 plugins as possible. When support renewal rolls around, so far I haven't choked too bad when I ante up ... but 'upgrade' pickings have been pretty slim. I'm not going to go on forever.

I also think there is a little confusion about some comments of Avid doing away with perpetual licenses. I am pretty sure that means they might stop selling new ones, not that they cease honoring those that are out there. The lawsuits would be crippling.

Also, I believe Avid really only cares about PT in support of its hardware products. Those are what it really wants to sell and PT has to remain defensibly competitive to keep that engine chugging.

Anyway, anyone up to commenting on Heat or pointing me via link to good discussions will be greatly appreciated.

IMHO Heat sounds great. No surprise given the design heritage.

However, it is well overpriced in today's market considering the proliferation of affordable alternatives. Secondly is the expense of upgrading or subscribing to the latest version of Pro Tools to get compatibility.

Stephen

JediJoker 08-08-2019 02:35 AM

The big question still stands:
Quote:

Originally Posted by JediJoker (Post 2534253)
When are the HEAT and Complete Plugin Bundle licenses/downloads going to show up in My Products/Avid Link for Pro Tools subscribers?

Has there been no movement on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2534290)
I think but I may be wrong but HEAT will work with 2019.6 or later.

From where are you getting this information? Or is it just a hunch?

xrekcor 08-08-2019 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediJoker (Post 2534893)

From where are you getting this information? Or is it just a hunch?

From Avids site itself.... 2019.6 release notes :eek: might be a good place to look ;)

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/r...-Release-Notes

JediJoker 08-08-2019 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2534895)
From Avids site itself.... 2019.6 release notes :eek: might be a good place to look ;)

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/r...-Release-Notes

But HEAT has been around for quite a long time, since long before the release of 2019.6. The question is whether the licenses deposited in subscribers' accounts will support HEAT on older versions of HD/Ultimate.

xrekcor 08-08-2019 04:24 AM

I guess that would depend if in those earlier versions actually included HEAT. Then you might be like the rest of us and have to pay for it. And that wasn’t your original question you asked where did I get the “hunch” where HEAT is supported in 2019.6 and I pointed you in the right direction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediJoker (Post 2534898)
But HEAT has been around for quite a long time, since long before the release of 2019.6. The question is whether the licenses deposited in subscribers' accounts will support HEAT on older versions of HD/Ultimate.

JediJoker 08-08-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2534904)
And that wasn’t your original question you asked where did I get the “hunch” where HEAT is supported in 2019.6 and I pointed you in the right direction.

No. This was my original question:
Quote:

Originally Posted by JediJoker (Post 2534253)
Will [HEAT] work with legacy versions of Pro Tools (12.8.3, in my case)?

xrekcor 08-08-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediJoker (Post 2534952)
No. This was my original question:

does the release notes for Pro Tools 12.8.3 say it does? I think you'll find the answer there.... :D it is only supported from Pro Tools 2019.6

JediJoker 08-08-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2534953)
does the release notes for Pro Tools 12.8.3 say it does? I think you'll find the answer there.... :D it is only supported from Pro Tools 2019.6

[emoji2357] Please stop derailing this. Pro Tools HD 12.8.3. HEAT was already old by the time that was released.

xrekcor 08-08-2019 06:30 PM

Huh? Derailing this?..... So now you’re talking about HD/Ultimate? I’m confused :confused: btw old is good if it still works right?

I’m not really sure I understand what you are really on about as you seem to jump from one angle to another.... like I said for Pro Tools (standard/vanilla/neutered or whatever you want to call it) has as of 2019.6 now able to run HEAT (as per 2019.6 release notes) where as previous versions needed a HD/Ultimate lic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediJoker (Post 2534989)
[emoji2357] Please stop derailing this. Pro Tools HD 12.8.3. HEAT was already old by the time that was released.

JediJoker 08-08-2019 08:13 PM

Heat + Complete Plugin Bundle for all subscribers

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2535002)
Huh? Derailing this?..... So now you’re talking about HD/Ultimate? I’m confused :confused:

It seems like you're very purposefully misinterpreting my question. To put it in the most straightforward of terms...

Avid will be depositing licenses for HEAT into the accounts of all Pro Tools subscribers. Naturally, any subscriber using the latest version of Pro Tools—whether Ultimate or not—will be able to use HEAT. What is not clear is whether subscribers using older, legacy versions of Pro Tools that support HEAT—HD/Ultimate only until 2019.6, and both versions thereafter—will also be able to use HEAT with their newly-received license.