Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Avid Fast Track solo white noise (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=364008)

vinap1 02-04-2015 03:48 PM

Avid Fast Track solo white noise

Hi Everyone!
I've been having some issues with my "Avid Fast Track solo" being connected via USB to the Laptop.
After successfully installing the newest drivers and firmware, I discovered I cannot use the box at all. trying to play any audio on my Laptop, Fast track produces loud bursts of distorted white noise. it comes and goes every 1,5-2 seconds , in various loudness.
Hm, what could be the Problem?
I've used the whole bunch of other USB interfaces including newest AudioBox iTwo from Presonus on the same USB Ports , on the same machine, with no single issue.
I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.
Sounds like a driver/firmware problem of Avid Fast Track solo.
Please assist me in this.
Thank you!
Vitaly

JoelG 02-05-2015 06:04 AM

Re: Avid Fast Track solo white noise

Can you post your full system specs? Are you connecting the interface to a USB 3 (blue or marked SS) or USB 2 (black) port?

Joel

vinap1 02-05-2015 07:09 AM

It's USB 2 ( standard Laptop configuration, nothing fancy. Windows 7 64 bit, 4gigs of ram, dual core Athlon CPU, )

NikelButt 11-07-2015 05:31 PM

Hi there! I have a similar problem. Constant white noise during playback at unexpected times. Sometimes it is enough to stop-start playback to restore audio flow, but sometimes i need to restart PC. Think it may be tied with some sort of multi-task driver issues...

mremming 02-16-2016 07:10 AM

I am experiencing a similar problem with a new to me PC here is a copy of a email that I sent to Sweetwater:

More info for your tech. I changed computers last week here are the specs on the new one.

1 x HP Z400 Workstation Intel Xeon W3520 2.66GHz Quad Core CPU, 8GB memory, 120GB SSD HD + 1TB HD, NVIDIA ...
Colors: Black/Silver / Operating System: Windows 7 Professional / CPU Type: Xeon Quad Core / CPU Speed: 2.66 GHz / GPU/VGA Type: NVIDIA Quadro FX580 / Memory Capacity: 8 GB DDR3 / SSD: 120 GB / HDD: 1 TB

Loaded the current driver for the Fast Track off of Avid's site, everything connects find. Using PT 10, added a wave file backup track for a solo song I have been working on and playback of the wav file is random white noise, very shocking when you have the volume up on the monitors. So I thought I might have a bad file and import a known good wave file and I have the same problem. I then attempted to make a voice recording and have all types of white noise and occasionally sound like it should be but jumping back and forth with the white noise. I havne't used the Fast track for several months not really sure what is going on.

adamino 10-05-2017 03:43 PM

I'm having the same issues here.I get loud bursts on my Acer Workstation.
When I connect the Avid Fast Track solo to my Fujitsu Workstation I dont get these white bursts.

NikelButt 08-22-2019 09:45 PM

Found solution!
The problem was in the processor operating modes (EIST , turbo boost, C1 / C6 modes).
You need to disable them in BIOS.

DinoVert 04-26-2020 03:44 PM

I’m having a similar problem after getting a new interface, I can’t seem to get the white noise out of playback, I’ve tried changing buffer sizes and sample rates and nothing helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk