Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   unfiltered audio Lion questions (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406356)

musicman691 09-18-2019 04:54 AM

unfiltered audio Lion questions

For those who follow/buy from Plugin Alliance they have unfiltered audio's Lion for sale/demo. I downloaded the demo a couple of days ago and it is an interesting synth for all kinds of weird sounds at least as represented in some of the patches. Something that is driving me nuts is lack of support for MIDI cc7 for volume control. I know ua dropped direct MIDI mapping for automation in favor of their macro system because of the complexity of some plugins like Byome and Triad. And that's carried over to Lion.

I can map what amounts to their output level control to a PT automation lane by way of the usual mapping of parameters in a plugin used in PT. All well and good - maybe. Is there any way in PT to remap cc7 messages coming from the volume pedal connected to my Motif 7 to the automation lane I'd be using for output level control for Lion?

I have a support ticket into Plugin Alliance on this; it's been a couple of days but as usual PA's tech support is slow. There's no direct way to get in touch with ua as their support goes through PA.

Stephen Bond 09-19-2019 03:38 AM

Re: unfiltered audio Lion questions

MIDI volume support is a must for any VI, especially considering the output level of factory presets usually varies wildly :(

Sounds like a great synth though, that's for sure. I tried the Oberheim clone and liked the sound of that very much too.

That said, I'm not on subscription and won't be going there any time soon with ANY manufacturer. I'll wait till these synths are offered at a price I can't refuse or else just still with the wealth of stuff I have already.

Stephen

musicman691 09-19-2019 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Bond (Post 2538565)
MIDI volume support is a must for any VI, especially considering the output level of factory presets usually varies wildly :(

Sounds like a great synth though, that's for sure. I tried the Oberheim clone and liked the sound of that very much too.

That said, I'm not on subscription and won't be going there any time soon with ANY manufacturer. I'll wait till these synths are offered at a price I can't refuse or else just still with the wealth of stuff I have already.

Stephen

Something interesting I've run into over at GS about this and that's a number of people don't see the problem with not having MIDI volume control. They say to automate it afterwards which isn't good for may reasons one of which you mention. I heard back from PA about this and they're going to get in touch with the guys at unfiltered audio to see what's up.

BTW with discount code the price is $99; if I hadn't used my voucher I might have bitten on Lion but not with this control issue. That and considering PA's lack of alacrity in getting updates out :p

simon.a.billington 11-02-2019 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Bond (Post 2538565)

Stephen

It does seem to be a good synth, although mostly with exotic patches at the moment. I think they need to release some classic patches to make it a bit more usable. At least then we can use it as a springboard into creating something more unique. I just don't have the time to design patches from scratch, unfortunately.