Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   "Perpetual" license owners and PT 12.8.3 downloads? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=400595)

Eric Klinger 08-14-2018 01:50 AM

"Perpetual" license owners and PT 12.8.3 downloads?

Hi DUC.

For owners of the so called "perpetual license" that includes Pro Tools 10, 11 and 12, does anyone know where to find the actual download for Pro Tools 12.8.3? This is the last version to run on Window 7... not that I absolutely need it, but I am putting a system together and an opportunity may arise that I end up needing it.

In "My products and subscriptions" center, I have 2018.7, 2018.4, PT 11.3.2, PT 11.3.1, PT 10.3.10, PT 10.3.0, and PT 10.0 downloads... no mention of any PT 12.x downloads.

What's the fine print on this one? :rolleyes:

Sardi 08-14-2018 03:47 AM

Re: "Perpetual" license owners and PT 12.8.3 downloads?

IIRC, it’s been like that ever since they went the subscription route. They leave the last 2 versions of the software in the account.

Pretty sure you can send them an email and get a download link for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Klinger 08-14-2018 10:33 AM

cool - thanks for the info!!

Southsidemusic 08-14-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Klinger (Post 2496842)
cool - thanks for the info!!

Hey Eric,

Let me know if you need any assistance to get the versions you need.

I will help you get the PT version asap should you not recieve it via email.

jeffro 08-16-2018 12:57 PM

Installers for Pro Tools 12.6/higher are available from the Avid Download Center. Link that in your Avid account. Please check the Release Limit date for your license in iLok License Manager to make sure it will authorize a specific version before downloading it.

Eric Klinger 08-18-2018 09:44 AM

Wow! Thanks, Guys.

I am pondering trying it out, but running Pro Tools 2018.7 on Win 10 Pro is very smooth so far. My previous Win installs were nothing like this, even on Intel based systems. I guess it's what you get when you go "fully qualified"! For the moment I will stay here, but I will probably set up another SSD just to try out an older Win system in the near future.

Thanks very much!!!

Wilfredish 01-16-2019 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2496875)
Hey Eric,

Let me know if you need any assistance to get the versions you need.

I will help you get the PT version asap should you not recieve it via email.

Hello Christopher,

I have a Perpetual licence but it expired on 12.8.1. I am now running High Sierra on my Mac and wanted to upgrade to 12.8.3 to make it compatible with the High Sierra OS.

I contacted AVID who told me that they couldn't help me, because my Perpetual Licence had expired on 12.8.1.

Is there anything you could do to help at all?

Southsidemusic 01-16-2019 07:28 AM

Hey

Emailed you but will post here aswell:

Installers for Pro Tools 12.6/higher are available from the Avid Download Center. Link that in your Avid account. It’s called ”Legacy Installers” so please check there first :-)

jeffro 01-16-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfredish (Post 2512829)
I have a Perpetual licence but it expired on 12.8.1. I am now running High Sierra on my Mac and wanted to upgrade to 12.8.3 to make it compatible with the High Sierra OS.

Perpetual licenses don't expire, so assume you meant that your Update Plan expired?

I couldn't find any accounts based on your community email to check your product or license, but if your Update Plan expired before 12.8.3 was released then your license will not authorize it. As Christopher stated, installers for 12.6/higher are available via the Download Center (linked from my.avid.com) though you should check a version's release date against the Release Limit of your license in iLok License Manager to make sure it can be authorized.

Renewals are available while a plan is active (plus a 30 day grace period) and Upgrades are available beyond that.

priorytools 07-02-2019 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2512863)
Perpetual licenses don't expire, so assume you meant that your Update Plan expired?

I couldn't find any accounts based on your community email to check your product or license, but if your Update Plan expired before 12.8.3 was released then your license will not authorize it. As Christopher stated, installers for 12.6/higher are available via the Download Center (linked from my.avid.com) though you should check a version's release date against the Release Limit of your license in iLok License Manager to make sure it can be authorized.

Renewals are available while a plan is active (plus a 30 day grace period) and Upgrades are available beyond that.

I too cannot find 12.8.3 . . ?
It quite simply isn't there .
Please assist . .