Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Xpand! v1.0 to v1.0.1 Updates (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=163763)

David MacNeill 03-21-2006 03:47 PM

Xpand! v1.0 to v1.0.1 Updates

So, has anyone figured out how to get this 1.01 update installed? I've tried everything in this thread with zero positive results.

TCDet 03-23-2006 02:52 AM

Re: Xpand! v1.0 to v1.0.1 Updates

3-23-06
Not working (Updater) here on either of two G5 Dual 2.7's (PT's HD 7.1cs5)
The plug-in from the disk is working

Xpand!.dat permissions:
Owner: Read & Write
Group: Staff: Read only
Others: Read only

tombi 03-26-2006 08:21 AM

OK, this is really weird. When I tried to update Xpand, and checked the version, I got 1.0.0.701 (see earlier post above). But without changing anything (I've been running PT and Xpand for a few days without trouble) except a few reboots the version now is 1.0.1.989. So the update did work but maybe you have to reboot for it to be effective...?

/T

G5 Dual 2 ghz, OSX 10.4.5, 1 gb RAM, PT LE 7.0, Digi 002R

bassntreble 03-26-2006 09:23 AM

OK, so I'm going to try tombi's experiment now, but i believe in spontaneous version upgrading as much as i believe in the tooth fairy. I'm willing to give it a shot though

edit....

install, get error, restart...well, still at 1.0.0.701... I'm really disappointed that digi hasn't responded or offered a solution. so I guess I will....

This is what I've done to install 1.0.1.989 in OSX, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!:

unzip the 1.0.1 update. you'll end up with a folder titled "Xpand! 1.0.1 updater for mac OSX"
open the folder and you'll see an installer pkg named "Xpand! 1.0.1 update" and a read me PDF.
right or control click on the package and select "Show Package contents" from the drop down menu
you'll be presented with a window containing a folder called "Contents". open the folder.
Inside you'll see a bunch of files. Look for the one called "Archive.pax.gz"
move it to your desktop and un-archive it. you'll end up with a file called "Archive.pax" and the Xpand!.dpm plugin on your desktop. If you get info on the plugin you'll see it's version 1.0.1.989. move it to your protools plugins folder. if you wish to keep the 1.0.0xxx plugin, move it out of the pt plugin folder before replacing it with 1.0.1.
Launch PT and check to see that it works. if it doesn't review the above steps.

So far I haven't encountered any incompatibilities either with old sessions using Xpand! or new instantiations.YMMV. Do this at your own risk. I'm not a coder or anything like that but I have been asked by devs on occasion to try to break their software and report the findings back to them so i know just enough...

Good luck...

cmaynes 04-08-2006 05:22 PM

"...if I had a tape machine that sounded like a fatso, I'd have it repaired" - Steve Albini

that is the greatest quote ever-

charles maynes

Kid Captain Coolout 04-09-2006 10:40 AM

Library Location?

I just got Xpand! a few days ago... can anyone tell me where to put the Xpand! Sound Library? It doesn't say where to put it in the manual...

spkguitar 04-09-2006 11:36 AM

Re: Library Location?

The installer should put it in the proper place by default. Page 3 of the XPand! Plug-In Guide that comes with the plugin:
Quote:

By default, the Xpand! installer puts the plugin’s
content file (Xpand!.dat) in the following
location (content folder):

On Windows
Program Files\Digidesign\Xpand!

On Mac OS X
/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/ Xpand!