Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   HELP. Can't get hardware to work for mixing. Presonus 192 and PT2018 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=404121)

Randydrums29 04-15-2019 10:48 PM

HELP. Can't get hardware to work for mixing. Presonus 192 and PT2018

I have PT2018 with a presonus 192 and a DP88. I'm trying to get my hardware to work as a insert for mixing. I have my inputs and outputs hooked up correctly on hardware and interface. Tried in and out of channel 3 on 192. I've also tried in and out of channel 8 on dp88. My issue has to be something in my I/o setup. I've tried bypassing mixer in presonus's UC. I've also tried it with UC mixer active. As soon as I add an insert on the channel I don't get any audio. Any input or guidance will be very much appreciated. Right now I have my inputs, outputs, busses, and inserts set to default.

jwilkers 04-19-2019 09:58 AM

Re: HELP. Can't get hardware to work for mixing. Presonus 192 and PT2018

I have the exact same setup on a MacBook Pro. What are you using? It's a little tricky but when you get it figured out it works great.
Do not bypass the mixer.
Make note that the Mains are actually Outputs 1-2 in Pro Tools and 1 and 2 are really 3-4 etc.
That's a bit confusing.
Are you hooked up USB to 192 and Optic to DP88?
Let's go from there.
Mine has been hooked up for so long that I may have to take a look.

skizzo 04-19-2019 02:25 PM

it is doable. I do not bypass the universal control software mixer. i have my stuff routed so in UC I have channels 3-8 as potential insert I/Os or whatever. In UC "mix 3/4" is going to be outs 3/4 in PT. mix 5/6 in UC will be out 5/6 in PT. and so on. so it sounds like you just need to get a little more familiar with the routing controls of UC

Randydrums29 05-11-2019 05:59 PM

I just saw someone had responded to this. Hopefully you can still help. I got studio 192 hooked up by usb3 and dp88 by optical.

Darryl Ramm 05-11-2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randydrums29 (Post 2525152)
I just saw someone had responded to this. Hopefully you can still help. I got studio 192 hooked up by usb3 and dp88 by optical.

And those folks replying are giving details and providing advice, ... and it's not clear at all what you are doing. Saying you have stuff "hooked up correctly" tells nobody here anything useful. Folks here are likely to give you vey specific advice if you provide really clear descriptions of what you are doing.

Trying to get "my hardware"... what exact hardware?

Connected to *exactly* what ports at the same time... did you see the comment above about the actual port pairing? << because of that previous comment, I suspect you have the wrong port pairings.

Optical to where? How? You mean you have the dp88 hanging off the 192 via ADAT?

What are you doing with universal control? (see comment from previous poster)

What testing have you done? The first thing to try to do is get a piece of wire/coax working as an insert. Have you done that? If it does not work... start fishing around and confirming what outputs and inputs are hot (got a multimeter?)

Why does the DP88 matter? Why mention it? Simply things if needed, disconnect the ADAT box and get the insert running between two correctly matched ports on the 192.