Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Getting Started (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Pro tools 12.4 bundled loops location? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395915)

Elron Hubward 12-25-2017 10:14 AM

Pro tools 12.4 bundled loops location?

I'm using 12.4 windows version (downloaded version not discs), and have no idea where to find the bundled loops that came with it.

I've looked on my Avid master account page and there's nothing on there related (I've downloaded all the plug-ins from there) and nothing installed in the pro tools folder on my drive.

Probably something obvious I'm missing here, but can someone help please.

Southsidemusic 12-25-2017 08:38 PM

Re: Pro tools 12.4 bundled loops location?

What bundled loops are you looking for and where in your Avid account?

Have you downloaded bothAir plugins and Air effects? Xpand2! And .big file?

Elron Hubward 12-25-2017 10:41 PM

I'm looking for the loops that pro tools has shipped with since at least version 10 and before, the 2GB of curated loops (or whatever was bundled with 12.4 when I bought it) that Avid lists as a selling point on its comparison page.

I've been watching a fair few vids on pro-tools and loops on Youtube of late and a lot of folk make reference to these loops, but invariably they've moved them to different locations so no clues as to where they reside by default.

I've downloaded and am up to date with all the plug-ins . I've no idea what the .big file is or where to find it.

Noobish I know, but I'm not a pro-tools expert or I wouldn't be asking questions. :)

Southsidemusic 12-26-2017 12:55 AM

The .big file is the sounds for Xpand2! synth which also is in your Avid Account.

If you are refering to the Big Fish Loops library it was a few years ago Avid removed those and ended the collaboration with Big Fish. No one knows why as far as I am aware so you can stop looking for them since those won't be found anywhere anymore. Also there are soo much better loops and sounds to find for free as the Big Fish stuff felt old as hell even a few years ago and since they weren't updated I don't think many users miss those any longer

Sorry to be the barer of those news but there are soo many free loops all over the web that its actually impossible to keep track of all those sites :-)

Google is your best friend for that escapade.

Elron Hubward 12-26-2017 01:01 AM

Ok, thanks for that. I shall stop wasting time trawling my directories for something that can't be there then. :D

Any recommendations for places to go for loops? I'm useless as a drummer so I'm mainly looking for drum loops as a foundation for messing about with instruments I can play.... a bit :) .

gives 12-26-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elron Hubward (Post 2466032)
Ok, thanks for that. I shall stop wasting time trawling my directories for something that can't be there then. :D

Any recommendations for places to go for loops? I'm useless as a drummer so I'm mainly looking for drum loops as a foundation for messing about with instruments I can play.... a bit :) .

There are plenty of places that sell LOOPS. Just do a little research online.
I've never found any loops worth anything especially from Avid bundles. I would recommend creating some yourself using some nice drum library or maybe use Ableton Live and create some original ones. If you are desparete for loops, you could just go to the BigFishAudio website I suppose.