Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Why is 12 three times more expensive for HD owners (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=374328)

Rectifried 11-15-2015 02:39 PM

Why is 12 three times more expensive for HD owners

Surround
Video editing
Since we paid 5x.. We should pay that much again
Please chime in

Southsidemusic 11-15-2015 02:41 PM

Re: Why is 12 three times more expensive for HD owners

How many threads do you need on the same subject :rolleyes:

Rectifried 11-15-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2311616)

A few
if they keep on moving them
my fellow HD owners are a quiet bunch but I am not

Mr. Southside Johnny if I knew ..or got a good explanation for the amount of money they're asking for such a thing and then I would be satisfied

but I've been stuck it to...for so long ,so hard and I've taken it every time I just need a clear explanation from our overlords at avid and not some moderator who has no power or no thoughts besides defending a company that I have defended too many times in a decade and a half

Ghost In The Attic 11-15-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2311616)

How about as many as it takes until somebody from Avid answers.

toolz 11-15-2015 04:37 PM

It’s an issue.. that’s really unresolved in terms of a response from Avid. This forum is the exact place to voice your opinion as an end user.

This is mine..

Personally feel cheated, ….as we all know key HD features paid for in 12, were suddenly rolled out in 12.2 vanilla.. and no real new HD features have been added to warrant the tariff. 12.2 was a very weak update.

But we do get some plugins, that will remain as long as we pay the plan.. personally I have Space twice already on my iLok, and the very limited library was the thing that let it down. So for me.., that don’t cut the mustard.

On the other hand if Avid gave us Two iLok authorisations per HD plan, this would save me having to take my ilok home to prepare sessions on my Macbook Pro.

I'd consider this then to be good value for money. :-)

But guess they'll never do that!

Cliffy_Boy 11-15-2015 04:48 PM

Interesting thought. If I would get a 2nd HD license along with the suite of plugins including Eleven mk2, to use on a 2nd ilok, that would definitely have value. Especially when my projects would reside in the elusive cloud, I could mix at my studio and my weekend place without worrying about breaking the fragile ilok.

YYR123 11-15-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toolz (Post 2311646)
On the other hand if Avid gave us Two iLok authorisations per HD plan, this would save me

This would be great - I vote for this

Heck even another 12 vanilla- I don't fancy taking my HD asset out of my computer

+100

dankin 11-15-2015 06:13 PM

I would love to see a response from Avid about this as well. Since they keep narrowing the gap between the 2. The biggest thing I wish they would do with the HD license is remove the goofy 32 I/O limit with 3rd party hardware.

gonsdeejay 11-15-2015 06:17 PM

If you have a Mercedez, You have to pay for Expensive Parts and Post Services, Expensive Services, If you have a Jetta you Pay for Post Service lot Chip tan Mercedez......Just Example!!!!!!!:cool:

Rectifried 11-15-2015 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonsdeejay (Post 2311657)
If you have a Mercedez, You have to pay for Expensive Parts and Post Services, Expensive Services, If you have a Jetta you Pay for Post Service lot Chip tan Mercedez......Just Example!!!!!!!:cool:

Not equal.. its SW ,the same sw.

I dont need Avid support plan..

I already have an LE [12.3] lic for exactly the same reasons the others here do...i.e to work on 2 machines. Studio / Home prep

which btw is super BS if we are all going " subscription"

Also I can run Logic LIve, cubase on HD Hw [$$] but not LE

btw
I see your on digi003..