Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Insufficient Privileges to start Low Level Driver (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=388213)

Cimond 01-19-2017 02:43 AM

Insufficient Privileges to start Low Level Driver

Hey all.

After downloading a few EastWest plugins for my university course, I began having issues when launching Pro Tools 10. Every time it attempts to load a plugin it comes up with a message saying "User privileges insufficient to start a low level driver".

It then says that the plugins were either not authorized, iLok was not connected (it definitely was), or the plugins were damaged. I attempted a reinstall but that did nothing. I attempted to download/update new iLok drivers and that also did nothing.

Other threads have suggested running the program as administrator. However, this just came up with a new error message. "This software requires installation of the InterLok(R) device drivers and TPkd device drivers and a reboot before running". AsI've already attempted to download the new drivers but it hasn't yielded any results.

I have even tried reinstalling the program multiple times and it did not help.

My PT10 version is up to date (10.3.10). I really cannot figure this out, and no other threads have helped.

Any advice will be much appreciated! Thank you for reading :)

JFreak 01-19-2017 03:58 AM

Re: Insufficient Privileges to start Low Level Driver

Does your user have administration rights or is it a regular user? PT must be run on admin user

Cimond 01-19-2017 04:07 AM

Yeah I have admin rights. But when I run as admin it just creates more problems than if I opened it normally :/

JFreak 01-19-2017 04:18 AM

Umm... Mac or Win? Please read the Help Us Help You document that is linked to the forum header

musicman691 01-19-2017 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2408086)
Umm... Mac or Win? Please read the Help Us Help You document that is linked to the forum header

His info on his profile page says Win7 and that brings up a few thoughts:
Make sure power saving measures for the USB ports are turned of in Windows Control Panel.
Make sure the iLok is plugged in to the same port it was originally in when the ILM s/w was installed
Check that the correct ILM version is installed
Definitely run in admin mode
Don't let the computer or hard drives sleep ever

and definitely turn off any extra Windows bs that's running especially any kind of virus protection

Cimond 01-19-2017 04:41 PM

I reinstalled the ILM application and checked for updates, restarted the pc.

When I ran PT10 as admin it still came up with the same InterLok(R) Driver message and the TPkd message for every single plug-in it tried to load. Which is a lot of messages to click through just to close the application again.

I also checked the USB settings and those power options were never enabled.

Thanks very much for the advice, though!

amagras 01-19-2017 08:50 PM

Install the content on the folder "old drivers" inside the ILM installer zip

Cimond 01-19-2017 10:43 PM

Oh, amagras, I could kiss you.

I did exactly that and PT10 launched without a single error message.

Thank you so much! :)

amagras 01-10-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amagras (Post 2408304)
Install the content on the folder "old drivers" inside the ILM installer zip

For those who contacted me asking to explain this ^^, here's the video
https://youtu.be/A_tIsYWBZJs