Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Waves AAX Error (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=352955)

sheezy 03-30-2014 07:54 PM

Waves AAX Error

I recently purchased the platinum bundle and CLA Vocal bundle version 9. I have installed Waves Complete V9r17 and installed my licenses. When I launch Pro Tools 11.1.2 I get the following error message regarding the plugins:

The following plugins failed to load because they are not valid 64 bit AAX plugins:

WaveShell-AAX 9.2aaxplugin

I am not sure what to do. Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Table Syrup Records 03-30-2014 08:16 PM

Re: Waves AAX Error

It's been a while since I installed fresh,

but I seem to remember you need to download/install a specific AAX ENABLER for the waves stuff... should be on their site , or located in your Waves OLI

Southsidemusic 03-30-2014 08:37 PM

Thats what I thought too but nowadays the release notes says AAX support included and the separate AAX64 installer is not there anymore so I would trash preferences and plist and redownload tve wavesHell and install and make sure to delete the V9 first before installing anew. That helped out another duc member a few weeks ago when ai got PM'ed

And very i portant, when you are guided thru the install you need to choose the AAX64 bit option In the box if I recall. Won't install automatic before atleast so make sure that box is selected.

Best of Luck
Christopher

sheezy 03-30-2014 09:27 PM

There is no box to check for a 64bit option during the installation. I have officially given up lol will just wait for waves support to contact me tomorrow morning.

Top Jimmy 03-30-2014 09:48 PM

Waves AAX Error

Like Southie suggested, trash the plugin cache and try it again. The 9.2 AAX plugin shell is the current version.

PMF Media 03-30-2014 09:53 PM

Also, from what I remember, there are 2 separate installers, 1 for the Plug and another for the AAX Waveshell. Also, if my ageing grey cells are serving me well, you need to install the plugs first then the AAX waveshell.

sheezy 03-31-2014 08:57 AM

Turns out my Mcafee antivirus was causing the issue. Waves responded first thing this morning. I just have to turn Mcafee off before I launch pro tools otherwise Mcafee prevents Pro Tools from recognizing the waveshell. Waves V9r17 comes with everything in the installer theres nothing to click or add its all included in the installer now.

VRW 03-31-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheezy (Post 2145270)
Waves V9r17 comes with everything in the installer theres nothing to click or add its all included in the installer now.

+1 even with 9v16

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheezy (Post 2145163)
There is no box to check for a 64bit option during the installation.

+1

Maybe I overlooked something but it seemed just to install everything by default
as I installed some new stuff in the last days.
Happy to say, large amount of Waves plugs here running perfectly well in PT11 Native.

Cheers, VRW

MacMini i7Quad, 16GB Ram, MBP Mid 2012 2,5GHz i5, 16GB Ram, MacOS 10.9.2, Apogee Quartet+Duet 2, Genelec Active, Yamaha NS10,
Pro Tools 11.1.2, Logic 10.0.6, Waves, MCDSP, Duende Native, Softube, HOFA, IK Multimedia etc

Blues Bird 04-15-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 2145166)
Like Southie suggested, trash the plugin cache and try it again. The 9.2 AAX plugin shell is the current version.

Hi, How do I trash the plugin cache in PT?
Thanks for help.

Southsidemusic 04-15-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blues Bird (Post 2148975)
Hi, How do I trash the plugin cache in PT?
Thanks for help.

Hi

Here are the steps to trash preferences and plist etc

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...s-preferences/

Best Regards
Chris