Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   PT6 is shipping per Digidesign....now where's the Core Audio Drivers??? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=51821)

mBoxLuvr 02-03-2003 01:24 PM

Re: PT6 is shipping per Digidesign....now where\'s the Core Audio Drivers???

now wouldnt that come with the upgrade?
maybe Im wrong but Im sure they wouldnt have that available without paying for the upgrade.

John H 02-03-2003 02:00 PM

Quote:

now wouldnt that come with the upgrade?
maybe Im wrong but Im sure they wouldnt have that available without paying for the upgrade.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I believe anyone who's bought digidesign hardware has the right to the audio I/O drivers for free. It's tied to the hardware not Protools itself. Some people buy protools just to use the hardware with Logic. Personally speaking, because of my personality card going wierd, I don't get any output from my mac apart a start up chime unless I route everything through the AMIII card using the soundmanager driver. Without audio drivers for OS X, OS X isn't any use on my mac.

icit 02-03-2003 10:40 PM

digi, we need a response on this. obviously no one should have to buy PT6 just to have drivers for hardware that was purchased. If new systems are shipping with PT6 and the drivers, then the drivers should be available. Where can we get these?

please respond! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Kamurah 02-04-2003 12:47 AM

PT6 is shipping per Digidesign....now where\'s the Core Audio Drivers???

Well Digi?

You have announced that PT6.0 is available for pre-order and is shipping with new systems....where are the Core Audio drivers for 001, Mbox, etc?

Download page....nope.

Where?

Thanks!

earbrow 02-04-2003 03:41 AM

digi?...

swpowe 02-04-2003 07:46 AM

i'd love an answer to that as well.

AvidCS 02-04-2003 07:55 AM

Hi folks,

Our standalone OSX core audio drivers are not finished yet. Expected availability is scheduled for the end of Q1. They will be posted to our download section of the web and will not require PT6 purchase.

Thanks for the interest, and we apologize for the delay.

DigiCS

mBoxLuvr 02-04-2003 07:55 AM

well if its just the drivers, would it be illegal to distribute this to the public? I agree about the hardware being used with other software part. Im confident that Digidesign will answer this as soon as the upgrades are available.

swpowe 02-04-2003 08:43 AM

Thanks for the reply digi! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Raki 02-04-2003 09:05 AM

Thank you for the reply. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]