Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   OSX 10.14 Mojave (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405199)

milescoolin71 06-12-2019 02:01 PM

OSX 10.14 Mojave

Is anyone running PT 12.4 with Mojave? What are your experiences? I would like to upgrade my OS but obviously don't want any surprises. I am already aware that Pro Tools 12.4 is not "officially" supported beyond OSX 10.11.6. I am just curious what people experiences are with Mojave. Thanks in advance.

musicman691 06-13-2019 04:21 AM

Re: OSX 10.14 Mojave

Quote:

Originally Posted by milescoolin71 (Post 2529313)
Is anyone running PT 12.4 with Mojave? What are your experiences? I would like to upgrade my OS but obviously don't want any surprises. I am already aware that Pro Tools 12.4 is not "officially" supported beyond OSX 10.11.6. I am just curious what people experiences are with Mojave. Thanks in advance.

Do you have any real need to change your installed OSX to a newer version other than the fact you're running the worst OSX Apple ever put out? Remember that Mojave needs a Metal compatible video card - does your Mac have one? Without that the max you can go to is High Sierra.

Either way you go keep in mind you'll want to do a clean install of EVERYTHING and not use Migration Assassin (aka Migration Assistant) to bring things over. Or do the OSX dance the Apple Way aka an in-situ upgrade where you install the new OSX right over the top of the old. That's a no-no as well as too many weird things can crop up.

EdwardG 07-03-2019 01:19 AM

pro tools 12.7.1 in mojave 10.14.5 here.

installation went just normal in mac os new installation.

import audio not working instead use drag and drop.

Preset section in protools works but in a different manner, you cant use the plus and minus buttons to circle trough presets it jumps through them for not reason.

that's everything I experienced. with your version you may experience different things or maybe non.

SidBarone 06-05-2022 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdwardG (Post 2531758)
pro tools 12.7.1 in mojave 10.14.5 here.

installation went just normal in mac os new installation.

import audio not working instead use drag and drop.

Preset section in protools works but in a different manner, you cant use the plus and minus buttons to circle trough presets it jumps through them for not reason.

that's everything I experienced. with your version you may experience different things or maybe non.

Did you previously have PT 11 running in Mojave 10.14.5 ?

EdwardG 06-06-2022 09:19 AM

Its being like 3 years or more since then... cant remember, but I always do clean installs by default,
I remember that back then I found the reason to that problem and it was because of incompatibility
between pro tools and APFS new format.

If it helps to anybody
Reverting back to MAC OS extended Journaled fix the issue.