Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Bounce file length (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=394557)

keithcstrat 10-22-2017 08:31 AM

Bounce file length

When I bounce tracks the song length seems to be extended. In other words the song may be 3 minutes thirty seconds long but the bounce file is 4 minutes 45 seconds long. The extra time at the end is dead space. This has happened on numerous tracks I've bounced. The tracks are not run through a master fader there are 4 acoustic guitar tracks, a drum and vocal. I'm not sure why this is happening. I'm using PT 12.8 on a mac pro with Sierra 10.12.6.

john1192 10-22-2017 09:22 AM

Re: Bounce file length

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithcstrat (Post 2455281)
When I bounce tracks the song length seems to be extended. In other words the song may be 3 minutes thirty seconds long but the bounce file is 4 minutes 45 seconds long. The extra time at the end is dead space. This has happened on numerous tracks I've bounced. The tracks are not run through a master fader there are 4 acoustic guitar tracks, a drum and vocal. I'm not sure why this is happening. I'm using PT 12.8 on a mac pro with Sierra 10.12.6.

are you an experienced or novice PT user .. just do not want to say things the wrong way and waste your time .. so disregard if this question is too simple ..

have you highlighted the section or created a timeline selection of what you want to bounce ??

sounds like the last Clip in your session is at 4 min 45 secs so the bounce is using that as your selection ..

cheers john

Rich Breen 10-22-2017 09:44 AM

Are you "committing" or doing a "bounce to disk"? With commit, you need to select whether you're committing entire tracks or edit selection (in the commit dialog). With BTD, just pay attention to your edit selection.

keithcstrat 10-22-2017 03:33 PM

I am using bounce to disk. I select the tracks I want and mute the ones I don't. I wasn't highlighting the track at all so I just went back and highlighted the tracks from the end to the beginning but the result was the same.

keithcstrat 10-22-2017 03:44 PM

I also just noticed that the wav file is 3min 18 seconds and the mp3 is 4 min 34 seconds.

Inglesworth 10-22-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithcstrat (Post 2455360)
I am using bounce to disk. I select the tracks I want and mute the ones I don't. I wasn't highlighting the track at all so I just went back and highlighted the tracks from the end to the beginning but the result was the same.

Bounce to Disk should be bouncing a file that is the length of your selection. So just make a seletion from where you want it to start to where you want it to end, and then bounce it. It should work just fine then. I would imagine that you must have had some clips back at about 4:15 (or whatever time it was you mentioned) in your session. They were probably on one of the tracks you muted, and therefore were inaudible in the bounce.

john1192 10-22-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithcstrat (Post 2455360)

but are you making a Timeline selection of the length fo the Bounce you wish ???