Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Tips & Tricks (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Most efficient way to export takes (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=414225)

AlessioB 02-24-2021 02:18 PM

Most efficient way to export takes

Hi everyone,
I'm wondering what the most efficient way to export takes for clients is. Right now, say in a classical recording, I have to select a take, click bounce to disk, wait for it to render and to it all over again for each take. I've seen that Cubase has introduced a render queue feature and I was wondering whether Pro Tools has a way to export takes in an efficient way. Maybe export all playlists as a stereo file each or something like that.
Does anyone know?
Thank you very much!
Cheers and have a great day

albee1952 03-07-2021 01:39 PM

Re: Most efficient way to export takes

If you show playlists, then you can click-drag across(from the end, all the way back to zero) and consolidate so that each playlist is a single audio file. With them all selected(highlighted),open the CLIPS bin on the right side and choose Export Clips as Files. I would create a folder on the desktop to send the files to. Then copy that folder to an external drive to pass on to the next person that needs to work on them.

Led 03-10-2021 05:37 PM

You can just trim the take to length, add top or tail fade if needed, consolidate the clip, give it a name you will recognise and make sure you are renaming the disk file as well in the option, then it will be sitting in the audio files folder of the session ready to go.

Ben Jenssen 03-11-2021 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Led (Post 2595660)
You can just trim the take to length, add top or tail fade if needed, consolidate the clip, give it a name you will recognise and make sure you are renaming the disk file as well in the option, then it will be sitting in the audio files folder of the session ready to go.

I think you missed the point; Exporting files(multiple), not one by one. Albee got it, consolidate files from zero, across tracks, they'll show up as selected in clips bin, and you export selected from the clip bin menu. All at once. And if you had sensible track names when they were recorded, they will be recognizable when exported as files.

Sardi 03-11-2021 12:48 AM

Most efficient way to export takes

Also, there’s no real need to export the clip if it’s been consolidated. Unless you plan on changing the sample rate, file format, bit depth etc.

Once consolidated, they’ll be in your Audio Files folder. Sort by newest and there’s all your files you just consolidated. Exporting is just going to double the disk space and take more time. Just grab the consolidated files from the Audio Files folder and upload or copy them to wherever they need to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben Jenssen 03-11-2021 12:50 AM

Sardi is of course right.
Thanks.