Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac) (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Discontinued? (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=317722)

roberts 02-18-2012 11:49 AM

Discontinued?

Is Pro Tools MP9 discontinued?

derFunkenstein 02-20-2012 02:08 PM

Re: Discontinued?

Discontinued how? It's for sale pretty much everywhere.

carlos santana 03-08-2012 11:51 AM

will it ever be compatible with mountain lion???
i refuse to buy until i know for sure... cant spend money without knowing if it will work with a new computer.

carlos santana 05-31-2012 11:41 PM

Bump

carlos santana 06-02-2012 05:32 PM

What is going on?

Updates for everything but mp9

Come on avid I want full compatibility with lion

Please advise :confused:

carlos santana 06-09-2012 10:58 AM

Is it so hard to provide a answer I must buy a mac will buy the new imac that will be released soon, so I want to know if the current os will be fully compatible (not beta) and if you are planing to stop supporting protools M-powered or not for the next osx realease being mountain lion

Digitech supt please advise

hooksound 06-10-2012 05:56 AM

The inevitable discontinuation of MP is, as one could expect, not a key selling point from avids side. Many users anticipated the release of MP10 on this years Musikmesse in March. Instead, one could read this:

http://protoolsexpert.squarespace.co...duct-line.html

...but then again, what stuff should have been new in MP10, not to interfere with Pro Tools 10?

As you can see in the (WEB)shops, MP9 and some of the bundles are on sale. I guess avid calculates that this will create a foundation for selling some upgrades to Pro Tools 10.

Whether or not they release a final MP 9.0.6 or something, in order to make a clean cut is unknown (at least to me). I only know personally, that Pro Tools 10 is not for me. It won't offer better sound quality, since I will use the same interfaces with it. When one boils it down, there's only the clip gain feature, which really scores high, but that alone does not justify handing out $399 (even more here in Europe) for the upgrade.

carlos santana 06-11-2012 12:51 AM

Id like for avid supt to chime in and give the final word...

Please advise avid will I be able to use m-powered 9 with mountain lion

Thanks

tonykitowicz 06-13-2012 10:28 AM

If it is cancelled, would be nice to recieve a free crossgrade/downgrade to Protools Express or a cheaper than $399 upgrade to Protools 10. Because other than speding $399 for the upgrade there aren't many options, can't believe people would want to purchase a new m-audio product including a dead Protools MP, makes me wish I hadn't bought the C600 back in december.

carlos santana 06-25-2012 12:49 AM

Avid please provide a answer on this I want to know I have to buy a new computer now or if you will support protocols m-powered on Osx mountain lion so I can wait for the new line of imacs

Please advice

TOM@METRO 07-02-2012 10:59 AM

Avid has announced the sale of M-Audio.

Noiselab 07-02-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOM@METRO (Post 1945099)
Avid has announced the sale of M-Audio.

I sure hope this doesn't impact support for our ProFire interfaces! I would hope that the various M-Audio interfaces would still be covered under the open-hardware support. Extra emphasis on the word "hope" above...

NL

carlos santana 07-02-2012 11:34 PM

Well seems like protools m-powered will no longer be ugraded nor supported by avid. So if I want to be able to run this I would have to do it under Osx 10.7 on lion on the current imac

Surprise

carlos santana 07-25-2012 10:57 AM

OS X Lion Compatibility Alert
Updated August 17, 2011
Pro Tools 9.0.5 Updates Now Available - Includes Lion Support
Pro Tools 9.0.5 Update for Owners of Pro Tools 9.0 and Pro Tools HD 9.0 on Mac and Windows
Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD 9.0.5 software on computers with Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) and Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD 9.0.5 beta software on computers with Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion)
Pro Tools 9.0.5 is an officially qualified and recommended update for all Pro Tools 9 and Pro Tools HD 9 users on Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) and Windows 7. Although not officially qualified, Pro Tools 9.0.5 also adds public beta support for Apple's OS X Lion operating system. For downloads and details, see the following:
Pro Tools 9.0.5 Update
Please Note:
Pro Tools 9.0.4 and all earlier versions of Pro Tools software are not compatible and will not work with OS X Lion.
This update can not be used with Pro Tools MP 9 software (an update for Pro Tools MP 9.0 owners will be available soon)

we only have a beta software for mp9
please advice on when will we have a propper build or if a update for mountain lion is in the works

thanks avid

YYR123 07-25-2012 11:33 AM

Carlos......No offense b/c i really like your music but wouldn't it just be easier to get PT and not have to worry about compatability and beta and official support.????

philip888 07-25-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 1952001)
Carlos......No offense b/c i really like your music but wouldn't it just be easier to get PT and not have to worry about compatability and beta and official support.????

Agreed, Sweet Tone.

Dism 07-25-2012 01:42 PM

Yup... waiting for Avid to give an official answer is going to be as useful as banging your head against the wall.

The official answer right now is that M-Audio is sold off. You can read into that as you like, but realistically it means there will no longer be any support or any new version of M-Powered.

If you want to keep using Pro Tools with new operating systems, you should just crossgrade while it's still an option. It will still work with your M-Audio hardware, and if you have any of the ProFire series, you'll actually be able to use them to the full extent.

carlos santana 07-26-2012 10:17 AM

i would like to know what avid has to say about this but thanks for the feedback

i am in kind of a budget right now and i just purchased a m-powered 9 copy so would like a official statement from avid regarding its future plans for m-powered given that they still sell interface bundles with this version and they have not made a official release (non beta) of m-powered 9

avid please advice :-)

philip888 07-26-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos santana (Post 1952266)
i would like to know what avid has to say about this but thanks for the feedback

i am in kind of a budget right now and i just purchased a m-powered 9 copy so would like a official statement from avid regarding its future plans for m-powered given that they still sell interface bundles with this version and they have not made a official release (non beta) of m-powered 9

avid please advice :-)

Why don't you just go and make music with it now. Why would you have to update anyway? Your posts are more than ridiculous.

But on a side note do you plan on playing Tennessee in the future?

Smurf43 07-26-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philip888 (Post 1952272)
Your posts are more than ridiculous.

:p:cool:

carlos santana 07-26-2012 11:53 PM

So...

Avid any final word regarding the update

Thanks....

YYR123 07-27-2012 09:42 AM

You're not going to get their attention like that Carlos

Call their support pay the $40 if they want since you just bought that box u have a 60 day free support code

ask them for response - BUT - they are going to give you some static response somebody wrote down in a meeting and it's probably going to be very vague and won't tell you anything

So in regards to Philip 888 just make music play have fun and record those sweet Paul Reed Smith guitars sounds

I saw you once in sunken garden theaters in San Antonio you played a great show how about an instructional DVD something along those lines Europa is my favorite song !!!!

carlos santana 07-27-2012 07:39 PM

So...

Thanks....

MickyG 07-30-2012 03:25 AM

Ahhh the sweet sound of Avid....SILENCE:(:confused::(

Emcha_audio 07-30-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MickyG (Post 1953032)
Ahhh the sweet sound of Avid....SILENCE:(:confused::(

Well considering that this is a user forum, not a technical forum service offered by Avid, it can take some time for a thread to get noticed. And by this time it should be pretty obvious that there will be no longer any support for MP 9, since MP 9 was made specifically for m-audio, and that it's pt 10 that will be shipped now with them through inmusic.

YYR123 07-30-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emcha_audio (Post 1953118)
.......it should be pretty obvious that there will be no longer any support for MP 9

That's what i thought........:D:D:D:D:D:D

carlos santana 08-04-2012 03:33 AM

So...

Thanks....

hooksound 08-05-2012 06:37 AM

Well, not to turn things around, but does any of you struggle with any serious bugs or other issues in MP9, which you would like/want to see corrected in a final update?

carlos santana 08-08-2012 10:33 AM

So...

Thanks....

Emcha_audio 08-10-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos santana (Post 1955242)
So...

Thanks....

Carlos, I really like your music and all, but this is really idiotic.. Just get pt 10 and forget about MP.

carlos santana 08-11-2012 01:18 AM

I dont need protools10

I need to know what will be supported so I can make a decicion to buy the current imac or wait for the next gen to come out...

So if you are not with avid please dont hack the thread

Thanks

As I was asking avid:

AVID please advice if you will support protools m-powered 9 on osx mountain lion
Thanks....

carlos santana 09-14-2012 07:44 AM

so protools 10 gets a update but m-powered is not on the list

avid should make a official statement regarding end of life for protools m-powered if you will not be supporting your product anymore

please advice

Dism 09-14-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos santana (Post 1964157)
so protools 10 gets a update but m-powered is not on the list

avid should make a official statement regarding end of life for protools m-powered if you will not be supporting your product anymore

please advice

Anything with the M-Audio or M-Powered moniker doesn't belong to Avid anymore, they sold it off months ago.

Pro Tools M-Powered is now officially vaporware.

carlos santana 09-14-2012 01:17 PM

Like the fast tracks...

Darryl Ramm 09-14-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos santana (Post 1964267)
Like the fast tracks...

The Fast track is a dead as a zombie product can be, at least as an Avid product, who knows what InMusic will do with it. But what's your point?

Avid has got to be flushing that inventory as fast as they can through their channels. And once its gone maybe they will clarify what happens to the Pro Tools MP product. Its hard to believe Avid would dump M-Audio to inMusic for next to no money and then want to keep making a low-margin software product to sell to inMusic (or others?) to bundle with their hardware.

Darryl

hooksound 09-18-2012 03:20 AM

...buuut, there's still a link to the M-Audio WEB page on avid.com and the M-Audio WEB page still says "avid" in the headline. So it's not officially handed over yet. Even more annoying is the avid radio silence, and that gives them several problems:

1. The future for owners of M-Audio gear, is totally blurred, Pro Tools wise. They have lost many of us (calculated risk, though).

2. Pro Tools 10 is not the white knight for everyone. Personally, I see no reason to upgrade. No improvement in sound quality. Just a few (political) more numbers of this and that. Money is better spent on a good mic or a sound engineering course.

3. I then looked at the 003 Rack, but Pro Tools 10 is the last one to officially support the Digi 00x line. Really makes no long term sense to owners of these fine machines to upgrade, unless you are already planning to change HW.

4. To be honest, I'm very insecure with regards to what avid comes up with next. No current avid upgrade plan helps ease that feeling.

Sorry for this kind of "grey" post, but it was avid who put out the light.

Darryl Ramm 09-18-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooksound (Post 1965196)
...buuut, there's still a link to the M-Audio WEB page on avid.com and the M-Audio WEB page still says "avid" in the headline. So it's not officially handed over .

There is lots of logistics to handle in a sale/aquisition and Avid has supply, manufacturing and distribution pipelines flowing with inventory they are likely flushing out. Who knows if InMusic even wants all the current product line. And even if they did its in both parties best interest for Avid to keep up the M-Audio web sites until those assets transfer over to InMusic--assuming InMusic took on support of existing customers. Who knows. I certainly would not buy anything from M-Audio without seeing what is really going on. OTOH I think getting rid of this business was well overdue, the crowded low end part of the market is not where Avid was goot at or should have been playing.

And the simple/obvious answer for folks who want/need a better supported/real Pro Tools story with better recent OS compatibility stories right now is to upgrade to Pro Tools 10. Otherwise you just have to sit and wait and hope inMusic and avid have a plan here. But if you cannot wait...Pro Tools 10.

And the jury may be out on wether the 003 has a future with Pro Tools 11 or not.

Darryl

Craig F 09-18-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

buuut, there's still a link to the M-Audio WEB page on avid.com and the M-Audio WEB page still says "avid" in the headline. So it's not officially handed over yet. Even more annoying is the avid radio silence, and that gives them several problems:
and Avid's web team is probably the worse on the web

YYR123 09-18-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig F (Post 1965388)
and Avid's web team is probably the worse on the web

What web team !!!!!!

Darryl Ramm 09-18-2012 05:22 PM

Sad isn't it. Avid made some really nice changes to their Web site product sections before the recent layoffs/corporate changes were announced. Lots of simple broken links caused by those changes lingered for a long time, even if obvious/reported. Certainly made me think those web developers (wether employees or contractors) were walked out the door in a hurry and Avid was scrambling about how to get fixes implemented. Anyhow it is sad because those website improvements were really good.

Darryl