Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2020 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Black Friday Deal (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412825)

Dosx 11-23-2020 05:05 AM

Black Friday Deal

Hi,

I'm wondering if I buy a 1Year sub for pro tools on a Black Friday deal can I use it in June next year when my subscription runs out?

Thanks,
D

Ben Jenssen 11-23-2020 05:15 AM

Re: Black Friday Deal

A subcription can work anytime as long as you've paid for that month. So yes.

Dosx 11-23-2020 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2584747)
A subcription can work anytime as long as you've paid for that month. So yes.

Great, thanks Ben!

Southsidemusic 11-23-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dosx (Post 2584744)
Hi,

I'm wondering if I buy a 1Year sub for pro tools on a Black Friday deal can I use it in June next year when my subscription runs out?

Thanks,
D

Can you be more specific as thats necessarily the right answer.

Dosx 11-23-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2584777)
Can you be more specific as thats necessarily the right answer.

I'm currently on a 1 Year subscription to Pro Tools an it runs out in June 2021.
I'm wondering if I buy another 1 year subscription now, at the Black Friday sale price, can I start that subscription next June when my current one runs out?

Thanks

Southsidemusic 11-23-2020 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dosx (Post 2584779)
I'm currently on a 1 Year subscription to Pro Tools an it runs out in June 2021.
I'm wondering if I buy another 1 year subscription now, at the Black Friday sale price, can I start that subscription next June when my current one runs out?

Thanks

Gonna check that as some of the many versions of Avids plans start at purchase and I would think a subscription would start when you buy it as any other sub I ever had started when I paid. So let me look at that and post back here.

rampartthemovie 11-23-2020 09:59 AM

dang wish black friday was on for renewing, im just gonna let my plan lapse lol (perpetual here)

Dosx 11-23-2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2584780)
Gonna check that as some of the many versions of Avids plans start at purchase and I would think a subscription would start when you buy it as any other sub I ever had started when I paid. So let me look at that and post back here.

Thanks

Ben Jenssen 11-23-2020 11:50 AM

I would not worry, Dosx.
I'm 99% shure I only recently read a Avid representative state clearly, right here on the forum, that if you pay to prolong a PT subscription, it is exactly that; an extention to what you already have. Anything else would be illegal, I think.

Macsearcher 11-23-2020 11:59 AM

I've been on the phone with Avid support about this and there seems to be a fair amount of confusion, even on their end.
The deal is for new subscriptions only but it may be able to be applied.
It would be good to get 100% assurance on this and what the best way is to purchase/authorize.