Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   All Event markers to warp markers? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=263664)

audioluche 01-08-2010 01:31 PM

All Event markers to warp markers?

Hi,

I search the 7.4 manual but i dont find a way to do what i want.

Is there a way to turn ALL event markers of a track to warp markers?
I dont want to quantize, the tracks that i am editing right now are not on a click.
I just want to turn all the event markers in one quick operation so i could just listen to the track and warp here and there without having to add a warp marker in warp view, it would be faster.

Am i missing something?

Thanks

Luc

BaileyBass 01-08-2010 01:42 PM

Re: All Event markers to warp markers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioluche (Post 1529413)
Hi,

Am i missing something?

Thanks

Luc

Use Quantize, but set your strength at 0%.... Everything stays.. SB

audioluche 01-08-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaileyBass (Post 1529421)
Use Quantize, but set your strength at 0%.... Everything stays.. SB

Hi Bailey,

Thanks for the input.
I tried with the strenght at 0% but the transient seems to be quantized even if it's at 0. And i dont see the warp markers after ...?:confused:

any idea?

Thanks!

Luc

BaileyBass 01-08-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioluche (Post 1529641)
Hi Bailey,

Thanks for the input.
I tried with the strenght at 0% but the transient seems to be quantized even if it's at 0. And i dont see the warp markers after ...?:confused:

any idea?

Thanks!

Luc

hmmm... Are you selecting a portion of audio? 2 bars, a phrase?
Just tested it here and it works as it should, placing a warp marker on every transient, where there was an analysis marker... with strength set at 0, nothing moves.
You are using the quantize window (option-0) right?.. under options (in that window)check the strengh box then pull the slider all the way to zero. And you are in WARP VIEW,
good luck,.. SB

scottgreiner 01-10-2010 03:34 AM

I usually quantize by 2%, then "remove warp".

Sean Russell 01-10-2010 06:37 AM

Try this:

In event view (not warp view) do an option-5 and then set the event sensitivity. Helpful if you're EA'ing bass, and don't want all the extra ridiculous markers. (I hope they sort that out).

Then pull up quantize (option-0) and select 1%.

This won't move anything more than a tick or two. It's a very fine amount, and there should be no noticeable difference.

midnightrambler 01-10-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Russell (Post 1530474)
T. Helpful if you're EA'ing bass, and don't want all the extra ridiculous markers. (I hope they sort that out).

Yes I concur. What I don't understand is why they have a sensitivity parameter that goes from 0 to 100 but basically nothing happens from 0 to around 90. I end up having to get rid of the analysis markers by hand.

midnightrambler 01-10-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottgreiner (Post 1530424)
I usually quantize by 2%, then "remove warp".

That's what I normally do but I came a cropper earlier on when I "removed warp" as I'd sped the track up 1bpm. We really need a "convert all analysis markers to warp markers" function.

BaileyBass 01-10-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaileyBass (Post 1529652)
hmmm... Are you selecting a portion of audio? 2 bars, a phrase?
Just tested it here and it works as it should, placing a warp marker on every transient, where there was an analysis marker... with strength set at 0, nothing moves.
You are using the quantize window (option-0) right?.. under options (in that window)check the strengh box then pull the slider all the way to zero. And you are in WARP VIEW,
good luck,.. SB

OOPs. I forgot to add that I set Randomize to 1% for the Strength to work at 0. I figured that with strength at zero, then Randomize would not function. I just tested it by pushing Random up... and they do move. So much for "figuring"
I can see zero mvmt at random 1%. I will look further and closer later. Either way the mvmt is less than minescule, insignificant, particularly when dealing with Humans!:eek: SB

audioluche 01-11-2010 06:02 AM

Ok now it works!:o

Thanks everybody!
Yes, a convert analysis marker to warp marker would be nice, but that's a good alternative,

Cheers

Luc