Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   DFH - drumkit from hell - installation from hell!! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=149569)

polf 10-20-2005 04:14 AM

DFH - drumkit from hell - installation from hell!!

hello, I searched the DUC to no avail....

ive installed DFH using the rewire before and it worked fine...

..i had to format the hard drive therefore am now installing everything again and i cant get pro-tools to "see" the DFH rewire...ive installed DFH (Drummer dll and rewire) in the same folder as i did last time ( in the fxpansion VST-RTAS folder)

i did find someone with the same problem but no-one answered at that time...

..as with most things connected to pro-tools this is really p***ing me off!!

any help would be greatly recieved!!

cheers

steve

spkguitar 10-20-2005 05:49 AM

Re: DFH - drumkit from hell - installation from he

Sounds more like your problem is more with DFH than with Pro Tools. While some people here use DFH, (I have the original DFH, but it sounds like you're talking about Superior), not everybody does, so you might get faster and better results over on the ToonTrack Forum, where everyone is using it.

028 10-20-2005 06:07 AM

Re: DFH - drumkit from hell - installation from hell!!

Polf,

Have you downloaded and installed the latest versions of drummer and rewire? What about the soundstats, is it updated?

Remember, install Reason so that it opens up the rewire "channels" or whatever mechanism allows Pro Tools to communicate with rewired software.

Let me know how it goes, it should be a fairly simple process once you have installed reason, the latest soundstats and the latest version 1.5 which is superb with 16bit implementation for playback and TPC compression.

Very soon many of these problems will be a thing of the past!

polf 10-20-2005 06:18 AM

thanks for the quick response guys!!

yes i guess im being unfair to pro-tools - it probably is a DFH problem and not really pro-tools (for a change! )

It is Superior that im using here and i have looked over on the toontrack forum and have followed the instructions they give...

.....i have updated to 1.5 but havent updated the Soundstats (didnt know you could) i take it these are separate to the main installation file?

You also say i should install Reason? is this correct? I didnt do this last time i just installed the DFH rewire file and it worked fine....

thanks again.

028 10-20-2005 06:34 AM

Well I was never able to have dfhs work by itself. You see, the host application should be able to support rewire, and Pro Tools by default doesn't fully (excuse my ignorance in technical terms regarding this) but a Reason installation takes care of that. In toontrack's defense I must say that this rewire issue, doesn't happen on other hosts.

YES the soundstats are extremely important my friend! Just dump the new soundstats folder where the old one used to be.

BTW this rewire tip is included in the FAQs over at the toon's forum. And take a peek every once in a while over there as the toons constatly update the product for free with new features.

Peace,

polf 10-20-2005 06:39 AM

thanks 028 will look into this!!

georges Gholam 11-01-2011 07:57 PM

hey, guys i have installed superior drummer with the updates and its working fine. but when i come to install DFH i can't know which is the right installer on DVD1 to start the installation.

------------------------------------
HP Pavilion DV6
Intel Core i7 64-bit.

Pro Tools V8.0.5 on mbox 3rd gen.