Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ICON & C|24 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   ICON D-Control In-Depth Tutorial videos (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=278209)

Tom Graham 07-18-2010 09:53 PM

ICON D-Control In-Depth Tutorial videos

Hey Guys,

We have just finished and posted the first 6 of 9 videos that give a tour of mixing with ICON and specifically the D-Control. They are free to watch, we just ask that you register...

http://www.avid.com/US/resources/ICON-Tutorial-Videos

Hope you like them and that they are helpful, we put a lot of time in making them... Many thanks to Gil and Gabe (My Avid colleagues) for pulling this off.

Cheers,
Tom

Stig Eliassen 07-19-2010 06:46 AM

Re: ICON D-Control In-Depth Tutorial videos

Nice videos - well done. Makes me wanna buy a D-Control, AND start using PT 8.

:eek:

Drew Mazurek 07-19-2010 07:27 AM

I haven't watched these yet but are there D Command specific versions on the works?

Stig Eliassen 07-19-2010 11:15 AM

BTW - it seems one has to register a second time to view the videos again? Is this correct?

Drew Mazurek 07-19-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PT Lover (Post 1639362)
BTW - it seems one has to register a second time to view the videos again? Is this correct?

Same here. I just went back in Safari's History and found the page and left it open the second time.

Chris Lambrechts 07-19-2010 05:01 PM

congrats guys ... these look VERY good. Hoping on many more to come ...

Chris

musicman691 07-20-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmazurek (Post 1639406)
Same here. I just went back in Safari's History and found the page and left it open the second time.

I was registered on the old site. Went to login to the new site to watch the videos and I could login just fine with my old login but when I went to watch the videos I still had to register again. And this was with the previous login page open in Firefox 3.6.6

Tom Graham 07-20-2010 01:59 PM

Hi guys,
Sorry for the hassle, we are looking into a fix. For now you just have to fill in the reg form each time you leave the page and then come back. Sorry...

Also curious, would you guys want an IPhone/IPod downloadable version or would it be too small to see and be useful?

Thanks,
Tom

Stig Eliassen 07-20-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Also curious, would you guys want an IPhone/IPod downloadable version or would it be too small to see and be useful?
I have an iPhone and I can't see how those videos would fit the format. I say thanks, but no thanks.

;)

Drew Mazurek 07-23-2010 12:13 PM

Minor thing:

Video 5 and 6 seem to be out of order. The start of 5 mentions what was covered in 6. No biggie.

macaholic 07-23-2010 12:27 PM

Man GREAT work Tom!!!

Guy's, Tom is the REAL DEAL and really cares about the ICON line, and cares about the end user.

I spent a week with him this past November, and REALLY enjoyed his enthusiasm... I'm an ICON fanboy and disciple, so now I have even more resources to future "converts"...

Awesome job!!

JC

Tom Graham 08-04-2010 01:58 PM

Thanks JC! I do love mixing with Pro Tools and ICON!
More coming soon...

Best,
Tom

Stig Eliassen 08-18-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

More coming soon...
Well?

;)

DCommand 08-21-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Graham (Post 1639918)
Hi guys,
Sorry for the hassle, we are looking into a fix. For now you just have to fill in the reg form each time you leave the page and then come back. Sorry...

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom
That would be very nice, i wish there was tutorials for the DCommand as well?
Have an other quistion and maybe i´ve missed it it but is there a way to do the quick favorit eq settings with a DCommand?

Those video´s are very nice done, what kind of program are they compress with, codec and so on.
I really like to do some video´s for our students but havent found my way to do it, advise are most appreciated

DCommand:-)

Mark Wheaton 08-31-2010 10:43 AM

Another vote for in depth D-Command Versions And thanks Tom

Tom Graham 09-12-2010 06:55 AM

Hi Guys,

There are many things in the "In-Depth D-Control" videos that apply directly to D-Command - especially the upcoming automation videos which should be released this month. With that said....
We are shooting a D-Command (shorter) version this month that is an In Depth tour of using the D-Command. I would expect it will air in late October. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
Tom

pm mastering studio 09-12-2010 12:14 PM

Great news tom !!!!!

Brent_Sydney 10-08-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Wheaton (Post 1661231)
Another vote for in depth D-Command Versions And thanks Tom

Most of my original videos were done on a DCommand, if you havent already seen them. They are just first/second take rough videos, nothing like the polished work Tom and the lads have produced, but hey, just letting you know.

feakerboo 10-20-2010 07:48 PM

Fantastic! Great to get a refresher course. I'd love to see some post specific stuff. Might be able to catch a lot of that in the automation tutorial as we use the automation more extensively in post.

Thanks for the great work.

-b

Tom Graham 10-21-2010 09:16 PM

Thanks Brad, appreciate the feedback - we have more coming soon... (We have 5 more in the can - just getting edited/mixed.)

Also check out my webinar link below, they are more Post Centric and may be able to give you some tips (even if it is on D-Command).

Love your work! You guys rock!

http://www.avid.com/US/resources/pro-mixing-webinars

Best,
Tom

Tom Graham 11-23-2010 09:12 AM

Hey Guys -
As promised - the D-Command In Depth webinar is done and posted!

http://forms.avid.com/forms/dcommandwebinar

A ton of work and 'man hours' goes into making these happen. Hope that you get a bunch of workflow tips and insight from this...

You can also join us live to ask any questions on the 30th of November!
Hope to see you then!

All The Best,
Tom

PS - We are close to finishing the last 4 of the D-Control In Depth Videos. Should be posted in December...

macaholic 11-23-2010 11:07 AM

WOW Tom!!!!!

Amazing as always!!!

Thanks so much for doing these for everyone...

Chris Lambrechts 11-23-2010 11:18 AM

Fantastic !!! ... Absolutely BRILLIANT !!!

Thanks Tom and everyone who worked on it. And please ... MORE from wherever that came from.

Chris

Bart HLH 11-23-2010 12:37 PM

Thanks Tom, you did a brilliant job!!!

Stig Eliassen 11-23-2010 02:35 PM

Fantastic video, Tom! Much appreciated! I thank you and all participants who made this happen!

Only downside is that my 7.4 rig feels sooo 1976 now. The assignment matrix looks so well thought out.

Stig Eliassen 11-24-2010 02:09 AM

A big thanks to Jeff Komar too! Very nice! :D

Tom Graham 11-24-2010 08:04 AM

Thanks Guys - Jeff Komar is the man for sure! He endured many hours of my direction! He is truly an ICON!

Hanswurstlsepp 11-28-2010 03:25 PM

Thx a lot for the webinar & the nice video.

I'll be there for sure at the 30th :)

amiller 11-29-2010 09:18 PM

Thanks Tom and Jeff! These are great!

Tom Graham 02-13-2011 07:41 AM

Hi again guys...

We have finished the series and the final 4 videos are posted:

Chapter 7: Faster Workflows with Pro Tools 8 and 9
Chapter 8: Automation Basics
Chapter 9: Advanced Automation (part 1)
Chapter 10: Advanced Automation (part 2)

This adds another 52 minutes of content to help you dive deeper on mixing with ICON. Hope it helps...

All the best,
Tom

Stig Eliassen 02-13-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Graham (Post 1752171)
Hi again guys...

This adds another 52 minutes of content to help you dive deeper on mixing with ICON. Hope it helps...

All the best,
Tom

Great work, guys! Thanks a lot!

musicman691 02-13-2011 11:52 AM

What happened to video 6? There's a title for it but no video. At least not when I checked it just now (Sunday afternoon Feb. 13 2:51PM Eastern US).

Edit: when I checked when I wrote this I wasn't logged in. I logged in and now the video for #6 is there.

Hanswurstlsepp 02-17-2011 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Graham (Post 1752171)
Hi again guys...

All the best,
Tom

Hi,

thx a lot for the new episodes. Very helpful & great job :D

Emcha_audio 03-04-2011 02:19 AM

I don't know if it's just me but I find it very tiring to have to register all my information each time I click on a video. WOudl it be possible for the website to actually remember that I registered once, and not have to do it every time please? :(

Stig Eliassen 03-04-2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emcha_audio (Post 1761160)
I don't know if it's just me but I find it very tiring to have to register all my information each time I click on a video. WOudl it be possible for the website to actually remember that I registered once, and not have to do it every time please? :(

Register, and then save the overview page with access to all videos as a favorite in your browser.

Emcha_audio 03-04-2011 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PT Lover (Post 1761163)
Register, and then save the overview page with access to all videos as a favorite in your browser.

That's what i mean. I did that already. But each time I go, even though it's supposed to be saved....

musicman691 03-04-2011 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emcha_audio (Post 1761170)
That's what i mean. I did that already. But each time I go, even though it's supposed to be saved....

I ran into the same thing. Here's what to do:
Go to this page:
https://www.avid.com/US/
Click on the link to login to my account in the upper right hand of the page
This takes you to a page where your login info should be stored (if it's saved on your computer AD you have cookies enabled)
Log in to your account on that page which takes you to the master page for your account
Then I click on a bookmarked link I have for the D-Control videos
Watch videos

I agree it's a pain having to do this dance but I can't find an easier way. This is on a Mac in Firefox 3.6.14.

Edit:
I just tried what PT lover said and now it works but it didn't before. I had bookmarked the direct link to the videos page without having been logged in which didn't work. What I just did was to delete the old non-logged in bookmark and the bookmarked the direct page to the videos AFTER I had logged in as outlined above. Just to see that it works this was I quit Firefox (which I have set to clear my cache), re-opened FF and went to the just recently bookmarked direct page to the videos and was able to watch them.

Stig Eliassen 03-04-2011 04:35 AM

Yeah, I don't have to be logged in to watch the videos. I have both the D-Control and D-Command in-depth videos bookmarked, and it works just fine. I ran into into som issues initially, but I forget what the problem was. Using IE 8.

musicman691 03-04-2011 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PT Lover (Post 1761181)
Yeah, I don't have to be logged in to watch the videos. I have both the D-Control and D-Command in-depth videos bookmarked, and it works just fine. I ran into into som issues initially, but I forget what the problem was. Using IE 8.

It probably is something browser related. Can't stand Safari and have no love for Microsoft software so Internet Exploder is out for me as well (I do all my stuff on Macs of different vintages).

airon 08-11-2011 02:57 AM

Fine videos indeed. Enjoying them one at a time.