Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Blank Sign In Window Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=414284)

depinfinity 02-28-2021 09:33 AM

Blank Sign In Window Pro Tools

1 Attachment(s)
I've been having an issue where I can't sign in to my Avid account while in the Pro Tools program. I click "Sign In," and a blank window pops up. This problem used to come and go, and sometimes would be able to sign in. Anyone know how to solve this?

albee1952 02-28-2021 10:33 AM

Re: Blank Sign In Window Pro Tools

Try a different browser:o

depinfinity 02-28-2021 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2594709)
Try a different browser:o

This is within the Pro Tools program itself.

junkgear 03-02-2021 10:31 AM

Is this working for you now?
There were others with this issue too, but it seems to be working now.

depinfinity 03-02-2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkgear (Post 2594857)
Is this working for you now?
There were others with this issue too, but it seems to be working now.

No. Still not working.

junkgear 03-02-2021 04:34 PM

Are you running any virus software or firewall that would block the connection?
You can also check in Windows Services and make sure both the Avid Hub and Transport services are running.

depinfinity 03-02-2021 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkgear (Post 2594896)
Are you running any virus software or firewall that would block the connection?
You can also check in Windows Services and make sure both the Avid Hub and Transport services are running.

I'm running Webroot SecureAnywhere and Windows Firewall, but I've made sure to allow Pro Tools and associated services through both. Both Avid Hub and Transport services are running in Windows Services.

Doug Logan 08-17-2021 11:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm having this problem too. Has anyone figured out what's going on?

Just downloaded latest Pro Tools First (2021.7) on a new Windows 10 laptop that has never had Pro Tools before. I have Bitdefender anti-virus but have disabled the firewall.

I signed in the iLok app and assigned a license to this computer, all good so far.

Now starting Pro Tools, the startup progress dialog appears. Soon a blank dialog pops up and main progress dialog says "Signing in to your Avid account" on the bottom and waits... forever (see first attachment). Finally I dismiss the blank dialog with the x in the corner (the x is the only thing showing on the dialog). Pro Tools then finishes initiating and starts the session dashboard. I cannot open or create any sessions from this dialog: the create button is inactive I guess. In the upper right it says "Sign In", so I click that and get the same blank dialog (see second attachment).

I can't find any way to open an existing local session either, so the app is bricked.

sw rec 08-17-2021 06:11 PM

Cloud-based, or physical I-lok?

Doug Logan 08-18-2021 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw rec (Post 2611020)
Cloud-based, or physical I-lok?

software/cloud