Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ICON & C|24 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   No Fader Flip In Custom Fader Mode? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=196871)

GlennR01 05-07-2007 06:22 PM

No Fader Flip In Custom Fader Mode?

Curious if this is by design, but cannot get my faders to flip in custom fader mode on my D-Control. Thoughts?

PTGuy 05-07-2007 08:29 PM

Re: No Fader Flip In Custom Fader Mode?

speaking of that I can't my faders to flip in any mode. Not even to flip the pan controls down to the faders.... any thoughts?

Craig F 05-07-2007 08:48 PM

use the Command or Control modifier button when pressing the Flip button

digimidi 05-08-2007 08:21 AM

On D-Control, there is a dedicated flip button in the custom faders section.

Gil

GlennR01 05-08-2007 07:57 PM

Gil, Gil, Gil... I just didn't want to bug you.

Thanks, I'll check this out.

Glenn

GlennR01 05-20-2007 07:47 AM

OK, flip button works fine in Custom Faders mode. Curious if the flip order is "one way" - or can you use a modifier key combination (option, shift, etc.) to "reverse" the flip order. I tried a few key commands, but wasn't able to affect the direction of the flip.

digimidi 05-20-2007 06:23 PM

It is only one way. Sorry...

Gil

digimidi 05-20-2007 06:23 PM

It is only one way. Sorry...

Gil

Chris Lambrechts 05-23-2007 10:03 PM

Here's a couple of alternatives to the flip buttons behaviour in regular fader mode :

In CF mode : to flip sends to the faders you can :

option + push 'sends' to put the entire CF section in sends view

then option + the 'select' button on any of the sends will flip that entire row to the faders

option + press 'sends' will bring back the volumes on the faders.

So essentially you can put everything on the rotaries in sends view and use the select button on the rotaries as your global flip button combined with holding the option key, option + press a select switch on row 2 for example to flip that row to the faders ... option + press the sends button to bring back the volumes on the faders .... then option + press a select switch on row 4 to bring that row to the faders and so on.

I find this way ofetn way more convenient and faster then scrolling through the rows with the CF flip button. As you pointed out ... it is only one direction ...
One tip when using the CF flip ... apple + flip will shortcut you back to having the volumes on the faders.

Now ... all that said .... here's another ... even more convenient way to working with sends but a slightly dangerous one as you have to BE AWARE that it is active :

double click the do to all button so it blinks .... now it is locked :

from here on , when in sends view you do no longer need to hold the option key ... any select switch on a certain row will bring everything in that row down to the faders ... pressing sends brings back the volumes and so on.

This is a good way to work when you're setting sends levels for reverbs / delays / fx and so on but the danger is that you FORGET to disactivate the blinking do to all button ... ... with nasty consequences as a result ... so be AWARE when you do this.

Be carefull what you push for example when automating stuff ... the bmp button is in those case VERY close to the select switch and before you know it you have written a mute automation to every send in the CF group ...

hope this helps

Chris

GlennR01 05-24-2007 08:36 PM

Chris, I think a visit to the U.S.A. (specifically, my studio) is in order. Great suggestions, all.

What's the music scene there like? Are you aware of Arno Hintjens?