Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Has anyone renewed their Pro Tools 12 Plan? (Pro Tools Update Plan expiration date) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=378197)

jimst57 02-25-2016 11:13 AM

Has anyone renewed their Pro Tools 12 Plan? (Pro Tools Update Plan expiration date)

Has anyone renewed their Pro Tools 12 Support Plan?

I was good until March 2016 so I decided to renew this week.

When I did, the new date DID show up on my account on the website. So no problem there.

But I checked my iLok and the "plan" license says it will expire 03/25/2016. The date didn't change and I didn't get a new iLok "plan" license. This is not my iLok license for Pro Tools, it's for the support plan.

Did anyone that renewed get a new support plan iLok license?

themightyjaymoe 02-26-2016 06:16 AM

Re: Has anyone renewed their Pro Tools 12 Support Plan?

If you get an answer for this please let me know, my subcription expires next month and i wanted to find out about this as well

ronwasserman 02-26-2016 06:56 PM

+1

jesele 02-26-2016 09:57 PM

I did the renewal and it took some (a lot) of mailing back and forth before finally iLok account was updated. Don't do this in last minute.

Jesper

FritsFlits 02-27-2016 05:28 AM

Wait, you got a new expiration date on the HD Upgrade Plan in your iLok Manager?

I had the same problem too, asked it in this forum and got an e-mail back where Avid says it should automatically renew on the date the old license expires.

I hope it does.

jimst57 02-28-2016 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FritsFlits (Post 2338528)
Wait, you got a new expiration date on the HD Upgrade Plan in your iLok Manager?

I had the same problem too, asked it in this forum and got an e-mail back where Avid says it should automatically renew on the date the old license expires.

I hope it does.

I don't have HD. But what happened was the date for my support plan on the "my products" , here on the web site changed, but not for my iLok.

No real answer from support yet. At least hearing from you that it may change when the old one expires in March is encouraging.

dr_daw 02-28-2016 06:40 AM

I'd be interested in the result here as well; many of us have plans that expire in March.

FritsFlits 02-28-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimst57 (Post 2338733)
I don't have HD. But what happened was the date for my support plan on the "my products" , here on the web site changed, but not for my iLok.

No real answer from support yet. At least hearing from you that it may change when the old one expires in March is encouraging.

Ah yeah, for me it changed on the website too, but not on my iLok.

jimst57 03-01-2016 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FritsFlits (Post 2338790)
Ah yeah, for me it changed on the website too, but not on my iLok.

Then you're in the same situation as I am.

I've had no luck getting an answer from the support site. I opened a case days ago and the only answer I have gotten so far is that the case has been "escalated". I don't need to know that, I need to know why my iLok Support Plan license did not update.

You would think this would be an easy answer, not something that has taken days with no result. Is THIS the support we are paying for?

Suburban Studios 03-01-2016 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimst57 (Post 2339234)
Is THIS the support we are paying for?

Unfortunately it is! I'm in the same boat & don't have much confidence in Avid providing great customer service or support given the abysmal track record of late.