Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Dolby Renderer 5.0 ilok missing (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=423955)

milosziv 03-21-2023 02:03 PM

Dolby Renderer 5.0 ilok missing

The new Dolby Renderer seems to ask for a different iLok account than what is initially deposited in your account if you bought DAPS previously and are just upgrading. So, for now, don't upgrade. Will update if this is fixed

milosziv 03-21-2023 02:11 PM

Re: Dolby Renderer 5.0 ilok missing

Scratch that, in the VERY fine print they finally tell you that it's a $50 upgrade for this update...

ubxf 03-21-2023 03:54 PM

yes and you have to surrender your existing license so if it doesn't work as expected you can't downgrade

JCBigler 03-21-2023 04:29 PM

Wait...this is new?

And it's Windows compatible also?

It's basically a replacement for the DAMS? So If can actually run an off loaded renderer? :eek:

I'm in! :cool:

Rikk 03-21-2023 04:34 PM

I purchased Dolby Atmos Production Suite on 3/7. The free upgrade license is supposed to be in iLock account. Does anyone who purchased this within the last 6 weeks have the iLok asset in their account?

Tweakhead 03-21-2023 05:20 PM

I've never seen a bigger cluster*&^% of a rollout than this.
The Dolby site is barely navigable. Dead-end links galore.
Good luck finding anything or any help.
After upgrade confirmation, software install, it failed to find my iLok license.
My license had disappeared from iLM / iLok.com.
After several restarts it reappeared thank god.
Luckily when I re-installed the previous version it continued to work.

As stated by others, DO NOT UPDATE until some Avid/Dolby people fix this and other brave users confirm that it works, otherwise you might be dead in the water.

jeffro 03-21-2023 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milosziv (Post 2665338)
Scratch that, in the VERY fine print they finally tell you that it's a $50 upgrade for this update...

It is a $50US upgrade from DAPS or DAMS, but there is a grace period back to Feb 1 for a free upgrade.

See avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/Knowledge/Dolby-Atmos-Renderer-Upgrade-FAQ

jeffro 03-21-2023 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCBigler (Post 2665344)
Wait...this is new?

And it's Windows compatible also?

It's basically a replacement for the DAMS? So If can actually run an off loaded renderer? :eek:

I'm in! :cool:

As stated on the Dolby page...

Dolby Audio Bridge, which is necessary to route audio from a DAW to Dolby Atmos Renderer on a single computer, is available for macOS only. Customers running Dolby Atmos Renderer on Windows must run on a separate computer from their DAW and use a hardware solution to route audio to/from the DAW.

jeffro 03-21-2023 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikk (Post 2665345)
I purchased Dolby Atmos Production Suite on 3/7. The free upgrade license is supposed to be in iLock account. Does anyone who purchased this within the last 6 weeks have the iLok asset in their account?

We're in the process of depositing licenses for purchases made on/after Feb 1. I'll try to check your account (if your DUC email matches your Avid or iLok accounts).

EDIT: Cannot locate your account. If you don't see the new license please create an account support case so CS can look into this.

jeffro 03-21-2023 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweakhead (Post 2665352)
I've never seen a bigger cluster*&^% of a rollout than this.
The Dolby site is barely navigable. Dead-end links galore.
Good luck finding anything or any help.
After upgrade confirmation, software install, it failed to find my iLok license.
My license had disappeared from iLM / iLok.com.
After several restarts it reappeared thank god.
Luckily when I re-installed the previous version it continued to work.

As stated by others, DO NOT UPDATE until some Avid/Dolby people fix this and other brave users confirm that it works, otherwise you might be dead in the water.

Did you purchase the upgrade, or was this a free license upgrade? I can try and look into this for you. Also, for any dead links please reply with the page URLs. Thanks!

EDIT: Cannot locate your account based on your DUC email.