Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   MF:application has been compromised :( (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=330005)

RenoLevi 10-26-2012 09:10 AM

MF:application has been compromised :(

i get this error alot
what does it mean and how do i fix it?

everytime it happens i have to restart my pc

(im on windows 7)

Zarabozo 10-26-2012 12:56 PM

Re: MF:application has been compromised :(

I get that error when I visit ilok.com while having Protools open. Its like iLok.com interrupts something between my iLok and Protools and triggers some piracy protection.

Other than those cases, I don't have that problem ever. If you have it without doing that, maybe you should try connecting your iLok to a different port. Something is probably interrupting communication with your iLok.

HTH

Francisco

EndoeTheDon 06-29-2014 11:32 AM

What if I'm using it and no Ilok info ever pops up. I see I have ilok manager app icon on my desktop but since installing protools I never even been asked to use it. What are some solutions to moving it to another port.? What does that mean and how do u do it?

sw rec 06-29-2014 01:06 PM

What are some solutions to moving it to another port.? What does that mean and how do u do it?
Unplug it from the port it's in and move it to another one. BTW, make sure you DISABLE USB power management.

albee1952 06-29-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw rec (Post 2167560)
What are some solutions to moving it to another port.? What does that mean and how do u do it?
Unplug it from the port it's in and move it to another one. BTW, make sure you DISABLE USB power management.

^^^a very important system tweak right there. If you missed that one, what others might you have also missed? If none of the above helps, read this thread(find the link at the top of this and every DUC page):
Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!
and post a Sandra report:o

iWanaRecord 11-12-2014 02:02 PM

I have this problematic iusess at times, but it is never continuous. I have followed Avids power management specs to the letter. Tried moving my iLok to all available ports on my PC, completly uninstalled and reinstalled PT, and as a last ditch effort reformatted my PC multiple times over the weekend. I tried installing PT before allowing any updates from Microsoft. YOU NAME IT, I TRIED IT!!!!

However, I don't have to reboot my PC every time the error presents its self. I remedy it by just turning off my 002 console, which causes ProTools to close, then I turn my 002 back on and restart the program. My experience with this error is truly intermittent and "remedy" rather uncomplicated. So... I'm not completly freaked, but it has made me rather paranoid about saving. Am I wrong for feeling like the mega bytes being utilized in my brain to continuously and constantly remind myself to save could be better used while I'm trying to mixing.

I forgot to mention though, my other PC that has had Pro Tools 10 HD on it for the last year and a half that's running on 72bit version of Windows 7 has never had this error.

Thoughts anyone????

iWanaRecord 11-13-2014 11:11 AM

Fixed 100%

Anyone interested #HMU

mesaone 11-13-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWanaRecord (Post 2203068)
Anyone interested #HMU

Or you could just post your fix here in this thread, so anyone else who encounters the same problem can read about your solution.

Obsidian Dragon 11-16-2014 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWanaRecord (Post 2202757)
...my other PC that has had Pro Tools 10 HD on it for the last year and a half that's running on 72bit version of Windows 7 has never had this error.

Thoughts anyone????

My thought is where did you get a 72bit OS?

goodshotz 11-20-2014 06:31 PM

I am getting this same error constantly.

Running ProTools 10.3.0 using Win 7 Ultimate 64b. 8GB Ram. 1GB Video card. All drivers are up to date including video.

Hardware Buffer Size: 512 Samples

Host Processors: 4 Processors

CPU Usage Limit: 95%

Delay Compensation - None

Disk Playback (Cache Size): 512 MB

I have tried a few things and nothing seems to fix it.

Any fix suggestions would be great...