Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Aae 9173 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=413994)

tricyclerocks 02-08-2021 03:11 PM

Aae 9173

Hi,
I recently installed Pro Tools 2020.12.0 on my Dell PC Windows 10
32 GB RAM Intel Core i5-10310U @1.7 GHz 2208 Mhz.
I constantly get freezes and the dreaded "Pro Tools ran out of CPU Power. Try De Activating or removing Native plugins (AAE-9173).
I have optimized my computer using Avid guidelines. I have reinstalled and updated everything I can find. I am not using anything intensive...one track of guitar and a few plugins. I tried deleting the click track.
I notice a huge spike in CPU for an instant when it freezes. It doesn't crash all the way...it just stops playing or recording at a random time.
Please help and much appreciated.

JFreak 02-08-2021 03:32 PM

Re: Aae 9173

Move all your plugins to unused folder and try again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tricyclerocks 02-08-2021 03:33 PM

Aae 9173

Hi,
I recently installed Pro Tools 2020.12.0 on my Dell PC Windows 10
32 GB RAM Intel Core i5-10310U @1.7 GHz 2208 Mhz.
I constantly get freezes and the dreaded "Pro Tools ran out of CPU Power. Try De Activating or removing Native plugins (AAE-9173).
I have optimized my computer using Avid guidelines. I have reinstalled and updated everything I can find. I am not using anything intensive...one track of guitar and a few plugins. I tried deleting the click track.
I notice a huge spike in CPU for an instant when it freezes. It doesn't crash all the way...it just stops playing or recording at a random time.
Please help and much appreciated.

jeam25 02-08-2021 03:48 PM

Hi !

When you say " optimized my computer " that includes the Bios settings ? On windows side anything related with CPU power saving or CPU stepping is a call for trouble. Double check that. If you have that set, please remove all your plugins installed temporary to the unsued plugins folder and test again. Also any external drive attached to the computer ?

The Weed 02-08-2021 05:02 PM

Run LatencyMon for 15 to 20 plus minutes and see if there is a driver causing interrupts to real time audio.

tricyclerocks 02-08-2021 05:43 PM

I ran Latency Mon. Says My system may be having trouble. I check the power throttling and it is DISABLED on PT (any everything).
I don't understand what a BIOS is.

tricyclerocks 02-08-2021 06:15 PM

ACPI Driver for NT make it go red.
I went into BIOS and got no where.
I Task Mgr and updated the drivers for ACPI Method Battery but they were up to date,

tricyclerocks 02-08-2021 07:13 PM

Hi & Thx.
I ran the Lat Mon and it spiked real quick.
I did more investigating and got into the BIOS (I think) and disabled as much of the Intel Boost things I saw, but none were exactly the same as listed on the internet. I also disabled all the Dell stuff at the start up...another suggestion. Now the Lat Mon says it still is "having difficulty" but it's all in the green. A little reddish "Highest reported DPC time" ACPI driver for NT.
I tried to go driver by driver to update but they all say they are current.
This, according to LatencyMon, has worked but the real test is when I run PT. Any other suggestions are completely welcomed, other than get a Mac.

tricyclerocks 02-08-2021 07:14 PM

Hi & Thx.
I ran the Lat Mon and it spiked real quick.
I did more investigating and got into the BIOS (I think) and disabled as much of the Intel Boost things I saw, but none were exactly the same as listed on the internet. I also disabled all the Dell stuff at the start up...another suggestion. Now the Lat Mon says it still is "having difficulty" but it's all in the green. A little reddish "Highest reported DPC time" ACPI driver for NT.
I tried to go driver by driver to update but they all say they are current.
This, according to LatencyMon, has worked but the real test is when I run PT. Any other suggestions are completely welcomed, other than get a Mac.

FunkzzaJ 02-08-2021 11:35 PM

Try affinity settings.

With protools running:

Activity monitor > process tab > right click on protools > set affinity > uncheck lowest one or two cores.

/Fzz

Skickat från min Moto G (5) via Tapatalk