Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Arturia V Collection 6 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395506)

64GTOBOY 12-11-2017 03:40 PM

Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Nah, I have the Service center for NI and deleted the old setup so I wouldn't get confused. Got too many dang plugins anyway!:rolleyes:

Seafoam_Green 12-12-2017 01:41 AM

Just a tip / reminder .., for anyone who is downloading via the Software Centre APP,

If you want to KEEP backup copies of all your downloaded instruments ,
- make sure you go to preferences : and select the check box that lets you save copies of the downloads .

NOTE: By DEFAULT the APP is set to delete all downloads after install

musicman691 12-12-2017 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green (Post 2463633)
Just a tip / reminder .., for anyone who is downloading via the Software Centre APP,

If you want to KEEP backup copies of all your downloaded instruments ,
- make sure you go to preferences : and select the check box that lets you save copies of the downloads .

NOTE: By DEFAULT the APP is set to delete all downloads after install

Useful tip. And a very related one - even if you have the box set to keep the downloads if you for some reason quit ASC and come back check that the box is still selected to keep the downloads. I've had it change on it's own from ASC session to ASC session.

Seafoam_Green 12-14-2017 12:15 AM

I see that Audio Deluxe is offering a $100 discount on the 'Full Version' of Arturias V Collection 6'

(link) https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products...eid=206d63d9e6

As Audio Deluxe is now selling V Collection 6 for USD$399

Note; that is $100 cheaper than Arturia's $499 advertised price

..,plus

Audio Deluxe are also offering customers an extra $50 worth virtual cash with their purchase
(which I presume gets you $50 off other Audio Deluxe purchases you might wish to make)

Geez..., I wonder if the existing Arturia V Collection customers (eg; Version 5) will ever receive the same LOVE , and see a similar $100 discount to their upgrade offer ?

After seeing that $399 + the $50 virtual cash offer for the Full Version 6, it only makes the high $199 asking price for the 'upgrade' to existing customers STING even more :(

mattrixx 12-14-2017 12:55 AM

I upgraded straight away. I don't mind being a bit of an upgrade bunny. The plugs are amazing and I make a respectable living out of using them amongst other software.

The DX7 is really DX7... I have NI Komplete Ultimate 11.. so I am acutely aware of FM7 and 8, but there's something more about the Arturia version. Not sure what, but it's certainly apparent.. and reminds me more of the ol' brown metal box. Also, the concept behind the Fairlight is great and also sounds amazing.

musicman691 12-14-2017 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattrixx (Post 2463995)
I upgraded straight away. I don't mind being a bit of an upgrade bunny. The plugs are amazing and I make a respectable living out of using them amongst other software.

The DX7 is really DX7... I have NI Komplete Ultimate 11.. so I am acutely aware of FM7 and 8, but there's something more about the Arturia version. Not sure what, but it's certainly apparent.. and reminds me more of the ol' brown metal box. Also, the concept behind the Fairlight is great and also sounds amazing.

Yeah the concept behind the CMI is good but not great as Arturia failed on that like they did with the Synclavier. They picked and chose what they wanted to put in and left out other things from a complete emulation of either one.

I only have Analog Lab 3 so can't twiddle around with the controls on the DX7 emulation but I do love the sound. Having both FM7 and FM8 I find the sound more to my liking in the Arturia synth. And from what I've seen of the tutorials a lot easier to get around on as well. I find NI's way of creating operator routings a nightmare; sure it's great to have theoretically unlimited choices but not if it's a pain to make it work - it sure isn't intuitive in FM7/FM8. This coming from someone who had a DX7-IID back in the day (BTW mine was black).

mattrixx 12-14-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2464013)
This coming from someone who had a DX7-IID back in the day (BTW mine was black).

Yeah, I had a DX7-IID as well. Yes, they were black, but the original DX7 was brown.

Stephen Bond 04-27-2018 08:04 AM

Here we go again! 6.1 now. Some nice features but same old price.

The quantum leap you’ve been waiting for

Arturia V Collection 6 has been updated, and now includes NKS compatibility, better browsing, and other essential improvements. To fire up your inspiration, we’re also including 3 incredible sound banks so you can start creating music you love using history’s finest synths, keyboards, organs, and pianos.

https://www.arturia.com/vc6-1-update

Stephen

64GTOBOY 04-27-2018 03:04 PM

Yeah, I got this email. I'm waffling again. Maybe I should let them have more of my money. Gah.:mad:

musicman691 04-28-2018 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY (Post 2486445)
Yeah, I got this email. I'm waffling again. Maybe I should let them have more of my money. Gah.:mad:

I'd wait until the price drops. Recently I was going through some old paperwork here and found the receipt for my VC5 upgrade from VC4 and it was $99 US. I know I didn't go for the upgrade when VC5 dropped but waited for a decent price drop.