Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   New Software Release EuControl Version 18.3 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=397753)

EddieJones 03-07-2018 07:44 PM

New Software Release EuControl Version 18.3

Avid is pleased to announce the release of EuControl/Workstation software version 18.3 (formally 3.8) for the S3, Dock, Pro Tools|Control, and Artist Series. Log in to your Avid Account (for S3, Dock, and Pro Tools | Control) or My Artist portal to download the new software.

• New Unified Installer
• Load and Save As softkey Appsets
• Reverse Inserts and DYN knobs option on S3
• Layouts would not store attentioned/selected track assignment
• Improved knob responce for the Dock
• Add Automation Rec flashing light to Dock Fader
• iPad Control App work with S6
• Many bug fixes

Whats New in EuControl 18.3

EUCON 18.3 on Avids Blog

EddieJones 03-09-2018 03:59 PM

Re: New Software Release EuControl Version 18.3

We have fixed some issues in EuControl with this release and uploaded new installers (build 227) Sorry for the hassle.

BScout 03-09-2018 05:54 PM

Retested, it does remember to lock if Pro Tools is closed and reopened. However, closing and reopening DADman while it was locked to the "Monitor and Control Room" caused Eucontrol to crash (just as Eucontrol was re-locking to DADman.) Saved that crashlog.

Retested reboot. It is remembering what it was locked to with 227. Never mind about that.

EddieJones 03-09-2018 07:20 PM

OK...cool. If it crashes again send me a copy of the crash log and I can get someone to look at it straight away.

ripekeai 03-10-2018 03:13 PM

Is there a direct link to download by chance? Can't get into my account via a browser for whatever reason, just hanging. Downloading PT 2018.3 via the manager but can't get access to Eucon currently. Thx.

EddieJones 03-10-2018 03:35 PM

See the Artist forum post about this release.

ripekeai 03-10-2018 04:10 PM

Great, thank you.

BScout 03-12-2018 10:39 PM

So, the locking to application is not always consistent. Just did a restart (after installing a USB driver for Korg) and when it came back, Eucontrol was no longer locked to DADman. Re-focused DADman and then relocked. (it wasn't a case of focus re-finding the lock; it was completely gone.) Same for Pro Tools being reopened (usually locked to "Entire Surface")

I have restarted before and locking has comeback so I can't point to a particular cause. This was rock solid before 18.3 so possibly you know what has changed.

PT user 11-10-2018 04:41 AM

Im on Latest 18.3 software and PT control and Im getting the message my versions of each are not compatible??????? This must be a bug as there are no newer versions of each - PT Control is working but the Dock is unreliable since the update....Tried reinstalling Eucon - No change.....

EddieJones 11-10-2018 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PT user (Post 2505299)
Im on Latest 18.3 software and PT control and Im getting the message my versions of each are not compatible??????? This must be a bug as there are no newer versions of each - PT Control is working but the Dock is unreliable since the update....Tried reinstalling Eucon - No change.....

The error message is a bug but doesn't affect anything.. it's just a bad message.
Using the 18.3 installers check the uninstall everything box and also the remove prefs box. After this reinstall.
Let me know if you still have issues.