Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Surrender Pro Tools HD upgrade and support Plan 2015 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398282)

wilkinswp 03-29-2018 07:42 PM

Surrender Pro Tools HD upgrade and support Plan 2015

I have been working on an HDX PT12 system. I am looking to do some editing on a MacBook Pro and want to use the same iLok and license--transfer the iLok from my HDX rig to my MacBook Pro when I need to edit at home.

I just downloaded the latest Pro Tools version to my MacBook. Upon launching Pro Tools for the first time, it appears I have to now surrender my existing activated license called Pro Tools HD Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 and replace with the Pro Tools HD perpetual bundle (10/11/12+I/O).

My questions are the following:
1) if I surrender my existing iLok license and replace with the new one, am I going to have to go back to my HDX rig and download the latest version of Pro Tools? I haven't messed with my HDX version in about a year as it works fine. I am not interested in messing with that rig as it is working fine.

2) I do occasionally go back and work on some really old sessions that are Pro Tools 7 sessions. Will the new Pro Tools download allow me to seamlessly work on these sessions or must I find someone with an older Pro Tools version?

Thanks in advance.

LDS 03-31-2018 07:19 PM

Re: Surrender Pro Tools HD upgrade and support Plan 2015

I would have thought a PT10/11/12 bundle license would activate any version of PT10, 11 or 12...

BScout 03-31-2018 07:29 PM

Re: Surrender Pro Tools HD upgrade and support Plan 2015

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilkinswp (Post 2482474)
I just downloaded the latest Pro Tools version to my MacBook. Upon launching Pro Tools for the first time, it appears I have to now surrender my existing activated license called Pro Tools HD Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 and replace with the Pro Tools HD perpetual bundle (10/11/12+I/O).

My questions are the following:
1) if I surrender my existing iLok license and replace with the new one, am I going to have to go back to my HDX rig and download the latest version of Pro Tools? I haven't messed with my HDX version in about a year as it works fine. I am not interested in messing with that rig as it is working fine.

The new license will operate just as the old license you are surrendering. In 2016, you had to do this swap (I don't know how you've not managed to do it by now!) because they changed how the renewal package works. With the new bundle you can see on the perpetual bundles when the perpetual bundle ends giving you the latest version. When you renew the support plan, that date will increment. It's informative. Also, as you can see, there's the Digilink I/O license now.

Overall it changes nothing for you. It's a bit of housekeeping on Avid's part. Make sure you have the latest ilok software installed, though.