Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Can't close EQ plug-in windows from mix surface with Eucon 19.5 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=404653)

ThomasHQ 05-12-2019 07:49 AM

Can't close EQ plug-in windows from mix surface with Eucon 19.5

Hi all,

When opening an EQ with the EQ button on the Artist Mix, the plug-in window opens, but when I do like I've always done in the past, pressing the PAN button to close the plug-in, nothing happens. I have to close the window manually. Anyone else having this issue?

Well, actually, while writing this I noticed that I can in fact close the window by pressing the Shift button and PAN. The problem with that is that I then have to hit the PAN button one more time to exit since Shift + PAN open the mix assign view.

Best regards,
Thomas

BScout 05-12-2019 09:47 AM

Re: Can't close EQ plug-in windows from mix surface with Eucon 19.5

Can't help you with your exact issue but to close a plugin, I go
  1. Inserts
  2. then turn off "SEL" for that plugin.

ThomasHQ 05-12-2019 11:44 AM

Hi! Thanks for taking your time to help me out. That works well if I mainly stay in Inserts + Channel view. But that would mean I have to change the way I like to use my Mix units, or it would mean doing 5 button presses to close a plugin instead of just one.

It seems I have to change my way of working, and changing my templates every time AVID makes a major new release, and it's becoming a bit frustrating.

Best regards,
Thomas

EddieJones 05-13-2019 09:20 AM

When you press Pan does the Pan window open? With the new Pan and Send Window functionality workflows a lot of users wanted the plugin window to stay open whilst they were also using Pan and only close when you go to a different Track.
Also what setting do you have the Open Windows setting set to in EuControl ? Just Plugins or with Pan (and Sends)

ThomasHQ 05-13-2019 03:14 PM

Hi Eddie,

No, when I press Pan the pan window doesn't open. I have the open windows set to plugin only.

Could this have something to do with what you have had to do to make Mojave work? I'm still on Yosemite because it's been rock steady for me and I haven't dared to move on from there yet.

Best regards,
Thomas

albee1952 05-14-2019 04:25 PM

Personally, I'd go back to the last version of Eucon until this gets sorted:o

ThomasHQ 05-15-2019 01:27 AM

I wish I could go back but since I'm using the Control app for iPad, that is not an option. If only I had turned off auto update! :(

EddieJones 05-15-2019 07:49 AM

This will be made better in the 19.5.1 release we are trying to get out in the next couple of weeks.

ThomasHQ 05-15-2019 09:40 AM

Thank you Eddie, I'm looking forward to that!