Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Will S1 work with MC Control? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=407399)

KeyplayerG 12-02-2019 09:22 AM

Will S1 work with MC Control?

Will S1 work with MC Control, or will I have to buy a Dock? :confused:

EddieJones 12-04-2019 07:58 PM

Re: Will S1 work with MC Control?

only a Dock, Artist Transport or Color. Sorry

globaleric 12-05-2019 02:00 AM

Great to hear that the MC Transport will coexist with the S1! :-)

KeyplayerG 12-05-2019 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2546607)
only a Dock, Artist Transport or Color. Sorry

Crap! The dock WON'T work with the transport (because it comes with a jog wheel), right?

Southsidemusic 12-05-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeyplayerG (Post 2546653)
Crap! The dock WON'T work with the transport (because it comes with a jog wheel), right?

Why would you want a Dock and a Transport on the same machine? They do the same but dock is 10000000000 times better and feature rich.

KeyplayerG 12-05-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2546670)
Why would you want a Dock and a Transport on the same machine? They do the same but dock is 10000000000 times better and feature rich.

It's an ergonomic issue. I've got my transport to the left of my QWERTY keyboard and the trackball on the right, like the MC Pro. I've become lightening fast editing with 2 hands using this configuration. Now, I'll have to reach across my body to use the jog wheel! That will be way more fatiguing during lobg editing sessions.

Timebandit2 01-08-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeyplayerG (Post 2546653)

Control works with transport and they both have jog wheels?

KeyplayerG 01-09-2020 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timebandit2 (Post 2550301)
Control works with transport and they both have jog wheels?

That's true. That's my current setup and I almost never use the jog wheel on the MC. This has nothing to do with it. The S1 is clearly designed to move us into the S series ecosystem.

Timebandit2 01-11-2020 03:32 PM

Same here, hate the cog wheel feel of the control. No doubt Avid would love all artist series users to move into the new S1 environment but if they've never been able to get EU on working in collaboration with Steinberg and Cubendo then it's a no go here I'm afraid.

It's like buying sleek sports car with a twelve cylinder engine only yo be told after you've bought they haven't found a way to get the last few spark plugs in because they were made by a different company.

KeyplayerG 01-12-2020 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timebandit2 (Post 2550664)
Same here, hate the cog wheel feel of the control. No doubt Avid would love all artist series users to move into the new S1 environment but if they've never been able to get EU on working in collaboration with Steinberg and Cubendo then it's a no go here I'm afraid.

It's like buying sleek sports car with a twelve cylinder engine only yo be told after you've bought they haven't found a way to get the last few spark plugs in because they were made by a different company.

Laughing my butt off at your analogy. Spot on!;)