Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Having troubles with pro tools M powered demo (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=198400)

JasonH 05-30-2007 07:59 AM

Having troubles with pro tools M powered demo

Hello all,

First off I suppose I'll introduce myself

My name is Jason and I'm a graphic artist/aspiring engineer.

I've been recording and mixing music for a few years now and recently my firepod crapped out on me. After all the poor technical support and a love hate relationship with firewire interfaces I decided to buy a delta 1010. (one of the reasons was because I could use pro tools with it down the road if i chose to) To my surprise and delitght I got a demo version of pro tools m powered with my 1010. I'm a complete newbie with PT ... i've never even seen it before (i'm used to adobe audition and cubase sx which i really dislike)

I really want to try out pro tools to decide if it's an investment i'm willing to make but I can't get the damn thing to work.

First it wasn't reading my 1010 so I updated the drivers and now it's asking for some sort of key..
I really want to learn pro tools and i'm sure i'll love it but i have to say the problems i'm having getting the damn demo to work is starting to turn me off.. is there something completely obvious that i'm missing here? maybe if i download the demo off the website?

help?

xes 05-31-2007 02:59 AM

Re: Having troubles with pro tools M powered demo

Hi there,
I had the same problem with the demo.It never seemed to recognise my delta 1010lt no matter what updates I got and never did get it to work, so I had to bite the bullet and purchase the full version.As an ex user of Audition and cubase you will not be dissapointed with pro tools m-powered.Once I purchased PT m-powered I was still abit nervous on whether it would still recognise my delta 1010lt, which at first it didnt, until I installed the driver which came with the PT disc.
Does your demo disc come with drivers on it? if it does try that...failing that maybe someone else can help.

Good luck,

Mark

JasonH 05-31-2007 05:53 AM

i didn't get any extra drivers.. I downloaded the latest drivers for the m-audio site and it seemed to read the card but then asks for an ilok key.

I would have a hard time buying something that i knew nothing about... I'm one of those "gotta try it before I buy" types

DigiTechSupt 05-31-2007 08:07 AM

Where did you get the demo from?

You should probably uninstall it and try the demo off this page.

JasonH 05-31-2007 11:36 AM

thanks I'll do that.

The demo was included in the packaging with my delta 1010

oh and what are the limitations with the demo? just a 30 day thing? (i'm hoping because if i like it I'll likely start some projects in it and save up then in 30 days i'll buy it)