Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   mbox pro doesn't show in session (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=336139)

juicytunes 03-21-2013 04:34 PM

mbox pro doesn't show in session

HI guys,

My 3rd gen mbox pro isn't showing up in the session playback engine list.
Just pro tools aggregate. Not sure what changed. I've shut down and re-started.
hardrive - mbox pro - imac 27"

can you help?

YYR123 03-21-2013 05:33 PM

mbox pro doesn't show in session

Does it show up in the system report / system profiler?

juicytunes 03-21-2013 05:41 PM

Re: mbox pro doesn't show in session

It doesn't show in the system profiler.

Darryl Ramm 03-21-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juicytunes (Post 2018758)
It doesn't show in the system profiler.

In general way too little info to really help you, see the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above for the kind of stuff that really helps.

What are the front-panel lights doing on the Mbox? Do they appear to work/normal? Remove any other firewire devices from that firewire chain and computer all together. Try a different Firewire cable and FW400/800 adapter if used. Try a different port if possible. Be a bit paranoid about hot plugging/unplugging the Mbox Pro--try powering stuff off before moving the port etc.

Try downloading the latest Mbox Pro driver installer from Avid that is supported on your OS X version. Run the uninstaller in that download, reboot the Mac, run the installer, all with the Mbox Pro disconnected. Power off again, connect the Mbox Pro, power on the Mac, once it boots power on the Mbox Pro.

Make sure you have all the recommended OS X optimizations done - including disabling automatic updates.

If that does not work can you test the Mbox Pro on another computer?

Still having a problem after that we need much more info, exact Mac (model/version), exact OS X, exact Pro Tools and driver versions.

Darryl

juicytunes 03-21-2013 06:12 PM

Thanks for the response.
I downloaded the latest driver, and it still doesnt' show in the session.
It does show in the system profiler. It may have showed before and I didn't see it, not sure.

The lights on the front of the mobx appear normal - blue power light is on, green speaker light is on.

I"m using PT 10.0.1 ,an imac 2.93 intel cor 17, mac os 10.6.8

It has all worked fine before. Not sure what happened. There may have been some other software updates, things disconnected and re-connected, but everything appears connected correctly, and ( not %100 sure, but) I think I've used PT since then.

Any other insights?

juicytunes 03-21-2013 06:22 PM

Hmm also, in the Mbox pro window ( the mixer ) bottom left it says
"hardware not connected"

Darryl Ramm 03-21-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juicytunes (Post 2018766)
Thanks for the response.
I downloaded the latest driver, and it still doesnt' show in the session.
It does show in the system profiler. It may have showed before and I didn't see it, not sure.

The lights on the front of the mobx appear normal - blue power light is on, green speaker light is on.

I"m using PT 10.0.1 ,an imac 2.93 intel cor 17, mac os 10.6.8

It has all worked fine before. Not sure what happened. There may have been some other software updates, things disconnected and re-connected, but everything appears connected correctly, and ( not %100 sure, but) I think I've used PT since then.

Any other insights?

Of all the things I suggested exactly what did you try? Try different cables, unplugging other Firewire devcies, etc. If you dont' say exactly what you did we cannot guess.

Download the driver--did you install it? (yes people make that mistake). You went though _exactly_ the steps I outlined to uninstall and reinstall the driver? You made sure you installed the Mbox 3 Pro not other Mbox driver? (should have or it would not show up anywhere).

When Pro Tools is starting you hold down the 'N' key (and keep it held down) and then in the playback engine dialog that appears there is no option for the Mbox Pro?

Can you test the Mbox Pro another computer (PC or Mac?)?

Darryl

juicytunes 03-21-2013 06:53 PM

OK. It appears fixed now. I did install the new driver, but apparently didn't uninstall first. Now I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and everything appears to be working.

Thanks for your help!