Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ICON & C|24 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   All lights flashing on my D-Command (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=238096)

Jsalam112 01-30-2009 09:45 AM

All lights flashing on my D-Command

The D Command is functioning. However, all lights and scribbles strips are flashing in less than 1 second intervals.
Tried the reset with no change.

Is there a PSU for the leds that could have gown bad?

Chris Lambrechts 01-30-2009 10:54 AM

Re: All lights flashing on my D-Command

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jsalam112 (Post 1345000)

That would be a possible scenario yes.

You should contact tech support and go through troubleshooting with them.
In preparation of that make sure you have the Serial Number of the Unit(s) at hand and.

Worthwhile trying is :

Reset Firmware : press the <Select / Solo / mute> switches simultaneously while powering up the unit. Go into the peripherals menu and press OK. This should bring up the message to upgrade the firmware.

Out of curiosity ... is there something that may have been the cause of this ? Did this happen after something specific ?

Also, in the utility pages, prefs, there's brightness and contrast settings. Crank them up and down and reset them to the values they were at. Does this change anything ?

All these are 'wild shots' but worth a try before contacting tech support imo.

You should be able to find the Support contact number for your area on the digi website : Support > contact.

Chris

acacia 02-03-2009 01:02 PM

Hey Jsalam112, Did you find the problem?

amorlando 02-05-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

exactly. we have many dcommands and this is what happens when the switch mode power supplies fail. as the suppply ramps up to operate, the current draw from the LEDS puts the supply into protection and recycles the power. about every 1 second exactly. the good thing is that these control surfaces use a seperate supply for LED, Logic and motors so although the lights are crazy, it will still control the software and the faders will still move.

Drew Mazurek 01-26-2017 04:18 PM

Just thought I'd share what happened to me the other day......

Came back from NAMM to find my D Command exhibiting this LED blinking thing..... contacted Avid, tech instantly knew what the issue was. Bad LED power supply. They overnighted a new PSU for $268 including shipping-not too bad considering how specialized this part is and especially compared to Apogee that wants $530 (+$110 for expedited service) to fix my Symphony I/O!!!

Really great customer service experience for sure!!! :-)

YYR123 01-26-2017 04:36 PM

Got a pic of the Pwr supply for the crowd?

Seriously that way we know what it looks like.

And will you put it in?

I had my Pro Control apart the first night I got it....but I didn't want to get into any problems with this DCmnd

Drew Mazurek 01-26-2017 04:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's already in, it was super easy. Here's the old one.

http://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?a...1&d=1485478075

YYR123 01-26-2017 07:13 PM

Cool thanks

Barry Johns 01-28-2017 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2409550)
Just thought I'd share what happened to me the other day......

Came back from NAMM to find my D Command exhibiting this LED blinking thing..... contacted Avid, tech instantly knew what the issue was. Bad LED power supply. They overnighted a new PSU for $268 including shipping-not too bad considering how specialized this part is and especially compared to Apogee that wants $530 (+$110 for expedited service) to fix my Symphony I/O!!!

Really great customer service experience for sure!!! :-)

Great news, thanks for sharing. Hope I never have to de with it, but if I do, I now have more troubleshooting knowledge than I had before!!!

WantedSP 06-02-2017 12:15 PM

How did you install this?