Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Windows 7 can not find Mbox 2 mini device drivers (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=331028)

fendermarshall 11-20-2012 03:01 AM

Windows 7 can not find Mbox 2 mini device drivers

Hi,

I have an Mbox 2 mini. I've just installed Pro Tools 8.0.5 and downloaded and installed the "Mbox 2 USB family drivers v9.0.2.65" from the Avid website.

When i try to run pro tools however it tells me to plug in the Mbox (it is plugged in of course). Therefore it is not recognising the device.

I am running windows 7 64-bit and when i click on the mbox in "devices & printers" it tells me that no drivers are installed for the device. I then click "apply this fix" to allow windows to search for the driver. It tells the the mbox 2 has no drivers after it finishes its search and that the problem is not fixed.

This is very perplexing and frustrating as I know I have installed the latest drivers from the Avid website.

I even plugged the mbox 2 into my old computer (running windows XP) and the drivers installed automatically without a hitch.

If anyone has a solution I would greatly appreciate it. And I promise to buy you a beer next time I'm in your town/city!

albee1952 11-20-2012 08:19 AM

Re: Windows 7 can not find Mbox 2 mini device drivers

I would do a complete uninstall and start over with a clean slate. With the Mbox disconnected, run the 8(or 8.0.3) installer. When it asks you to connect the Mbox, DON'T. Just click OK and let it finish and reboot. Then run the 8.0.5 updater, and when the updater asks you to connect the Mbox, DO connect it. Wait 5-10 seconds, then click on OK, let it finish and reboot. That SHOULD be it(drivers should be automatically installed with 8.x). It was PT9 when Avid starting having a separate driver install(fingers crossed for ya).

fendermarshall 11-20-2012 10:35 PM

Thanks albee1952 but unfortunately that didn't work. I uninstalled protools completely. I then installed version 8.0 from the cd followed by the 8.0.4 update. I didn't plug the mbox 2 in at any stage during these installations. Finally I installed 8.0.5 and when prompted I plugged in the mbox 2. Alas, the device still supposedly has no drivers installed and doesn't work.
Any other advice/suggestions would be appreciated.
I might try posting this problem on a Microsoft forum as I have a suspicion it may be more of a windows 7 issue than an issue with pro tools or the mbox 2 mini.

albee1952 11-21-2012 10:29 AM

Its really time to post a Sandra report as described here:
Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

fendermarshall 12-03-2012 05:24 AM

Just letting you know I solved the problem. Basically there was some kind of issue with windows 7. I don't know what the issue was but after a complete reinstall of windows I was able to install pro tools as well as the mbox mini and its drivers. So it's all working fine!
I knew it was a windows issue as opposed to a pro tools/mbox issue.