Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   EZDrummer crashing Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=277300)

Fuzzyc 07-05-2010 03:11 PM

EZDrummer crashing Pro Tools

I submitted this to Toontrack and they suggested I post this on DUC. Any help is much appreciated!

Just getting started with ProTools and EZDrummer. When I drag a groove into ProTools the system crashes and gives me the following error message:

Access Violation occured, unable to read location:
0x00000000 at address: 0x010E3EE3 in module DFW.dll

It locks up ProTools and I have to reboot.

This only happens if I'm trying to drag the goove and cross from one monitor (i.e. dual monitor setup) to the other to drop it into a ProTools track. In other words, I have ProTools spread across 2 monitors and if the EZdrummer plugin is on one Monitor and my ProTools edit window is on another monitor, it will always crash when I try and drag a grove from EZDrummer into ProTools. It crashes the instant my cursor hits the point in between monitors.

Anyone else come across this before? FYI - I'm running ProTools M-Powered 8 and the latest release of EZDrummer (just downloaded it a couple of weeks ago).

Thanks!

Fuzzy

justus1900 07-05-2010 05:19 PM

Re: EZDrummer crashing Pro Tools

I stopped using EZDrummer a long time ago and unistalled it from my computer. The software was more trouble than it was worth. I dont realy remember what it was doing but like I said it was more trouble than it was worth made my Pro Tools totaly unstable.

richie 07-07-2010 07:59 AM

I've been running EZdrummer on PT8 for a while now and it's awesome, no problems at all.

I don't know about your 2 monitor issue though, sorry.

federico 02-06-2018 01:50 PM

Hello, I recently updated my software to pro tools 2018, I have a paid subscription with you. I'm trying to use my EZ Drummer 2, when in stereo it works fine, whenever Y try to put it to multichannel, each part of the drum kit sounds horrible, and it makes pro tool crash. How Can I solve this?
Thanks,
Federico

Ben Jenssen 02-06-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by federico (Post 2473777)
Hello, I recently updated my software to pro tools 2018, I have a paid subscription with you. I'm trying to use my EZ Drummer 2, when in stereo it works fine, whenever Y try to put it to multichannel, each part of the drum kit sounds horrible, and it makes pro tool crash. How Can I solve this?
Thanks,
Federico

You really should start a new topic, thread, about this. Even if this thread, discussion, is somewhat about what you're asking, it's nearly eight years old and many of the contributors are not active on the DUC anymore.

Nevermind the age of the thread, your question is really a new discussion, and you shouldn't hook that on to an existing thread. It's against the rules.

Quote:

Originally Posted by federico (Post 2473777)
I have a paid subscription with you.

And you should understand that this is just a discussion form for users of Avid products, not a way to talk with Avid.