Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Gotta Love Pro Tools! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401895)

chrismeraz 11-11-2018 05:14 AM

Gotta Love Pro Tools!

My new computer just did an offline bounce at 160x! :eek: Loving it!

What has Pro Tools impressed you with lately?

Sardi 11-11-2018 05:41 AM

Re: Gotta Love Pro Tools!

One track with no plugins? =P

Jokes aside, I can have a busy session with lots of plugins bounce at 20x and then another session with a couple of tracks and a few limiters that renders at 4x.

It all depends on how CPU intensive your plugins are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Lambert 11-11-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrismeraz (Post 2505424)

The video engine went 30 minutes without crashing. That was impressive to me.

chrismeraz 11-12-2018 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardi (Post 2505425)
One track with no plugins? =P

Jokes aside...

Yes actually, it was one stereo track with no plugins. =P Still, I try to take the good things and be happy about them. If I had blinked during the bounce I literally would have missed it!

Bounces with UAD plugins are a different story, because a plugin can't be split among several SHARC processors. I'm going to try to limit my use UAD plugins as much as possible in the future (or example, I'd like to buy Native copies of all my Sonnox plugins if I had the money).

Sardi 11-12-2018 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrismeraz (Post 2505503)
Yes actually, it was one stereo track with no plugins. =P Still, I try to take the good things and be happy about them. If I had blinked during the bounce I literally would have missed it!

Bounces with UAD plugins are a different story, because a plugin can't be split among several SHARC processors. I'm going to try to limit my use UAD plugins as much as possible in the future (or example, I'd like to buy Native copies of all my Sonnox plugins if I had the money).

Hahahaha!! Seemed a bit too quick to me.

FYI - Sonnox have a pretty big sale on atm. might be a good time to purchase some of those plugins.

chrisdee 11-12-2018 05:02 AM

Quote:

My new computer just did an offline bounce at 160x! :eek: Loving it!

Try that with just a couple of Kontakt and U-He VI's and the bounce speed is more like 4x even on my i9-7940x rig.:rolleyes:

Emi 11-12-2018 05:13 AM

My mixes don’t collapse anymore. Even with lots of processing, my mixes sound punchy and clear. Other daw doesn’t give me that...I think I just opened up a can of worms....oh, well.

Sardi 11-12-2018 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emi (Post 2505506)
My mixes don’t collapse anymore. Even with lots of processing, my mixes sound punchy and clear. Other daw doesn’t give me that...I think I just opened up a can of worms....oh, well.

You did... and I’m biting my tongue. [emoji51]

chrismeraz 11-12-2018 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emi (Post 2505506)

Strange to hear but... I'm glad you like it! :D

~ufo~ 11-12-2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Being able to record a few takes at 96k 64 buffer with no plugins and no show-stopping errors, on MacOS, impressed me recently, depressingly enough.

It's useable again for me on Mac, after a few years of being a nightmare.
I'm not sure if impressed is the right word.

I will say, that after searching for a replacement DAW, I'v been impressed with the flexibility of routing of PT.
I always though it was a no brainer that you could do what PT does, routing and bussing wise. That was until I tried replicating my workflow in Cubendo, Studio One and found out what kind of my-first-mixer routing they use... Yikes!
Reaper came closer but it's.... weird.