Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2020 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Can only see L channel in 5.1 Multi Mono plugin (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=409929)

Benny Mouthon 04-30-2020 02:52 PM

Can only see L channel in 5.1 Multi Mono plugin

1 Attachment(s)
(see pic+red circle) when I select the Center channel, it jumps back to Left. When I reboot it works fine for a bit, then goes back to this behaviour.

Moving it to another location doesn't fix it, neither does unlinking the channels.

Izotope Dssr plug seems fine, Waves and Avid and others do this..ideas ?

PT 2020.4, Mac OS 10.14.6, EuCon 20.1.0.50

Attachment 12922

marre 10-24-2020 04:45 AM

Re: Can only see L channel in 5.1 Multi Mono plugin

Hi.
I'm having the exact same problem and its driving me nuts. I can't use a DeEsser on a 5.1 stem since I cannot see the centre channel!

/martin

originalscottyg 10-24-2020 09:57 AM

Not a solution, but a possible temporary work around...
Try option (Mac) clicking in the channel drop down. This should open up a separate GUI instance of the plugin for each channel.

spoons 10-24-2020 01:51 PM

I believe it’s eucon which is forcing the left only to be shown. I have had this behaviour in the past.
A fix is to click on the button above the ‘L” so the channels aren’t connected.

Rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marre 10-25-2020 02:40 AM

Thanks for the suggestions.
It's not Eucon related (at least not on my MBPR!) and the strange thing is that when I try to switch channels on my MacBook Pro Retina running PT Ultimate HDX in Native mode it works as it should!
I will test your suggestions later today when I'm in front of my studio set-up with the HDX hardware connected.
Thanks.

marre 10-25-2020 06:10 AM

And its solved (sort of)!!!

Spoons - your probably absolutely right! Quitting Eucon makes it possible to select any of the six channels in a multi-mono plug in.
And the other tip (originalscottyg) using Opton-Clic on the channels also work - though a bit clunky!

Thank you both for your help and now I will start a thread in the S3/Eucon forum to get them to fix it.

/martin

espron 10-26-2020 02:14 PM

Seeing this as well. I can select the C channel on a multi-mono plugin, but as soon as I touch a knob or fader on the S6 to control the plugin, it jumps back to showing L. Very annoying when adjusting parameters on the Cedar, where I need to see the C channel. Only workaround I have found is to create a window layout, then the plugin stays with the selected channel.

Espen