Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Control (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   Send windows disappear when clicking on edit window (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405171)

Cheesehead 06-10-2019 01:45 PM

Send windows disappear when clicking on edit window

Since the latest version of PT Control I have this issue.
It doesn't necessarily happen all the time.
It used to be that a send window would stay open until I closed it myself, but now sometimes if I click in the Edit window the send will close itself.
Particularly annoying when using bus interrogation etc, you have to go back and find the track and the send that you had open before you showed only the tracks with that send.
Is there a way to switch off this behaviour?

BScout 06-10-2019 02:09 PM

Re: Send windows disappear when clicking on edit window

uncheck "Close Windows on Workstation When Exiting" in EuControl

It does seem that should be tied to the option above ("Open Windows on Workstation When Editing" choice) vs being global but for now it is all or nothing.

EddieJones 06-11-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 2529119)
Since the latest version of PT Control I have this issue.
It doesn't necessarily happen all the time.
It used to be that a send window would stay open until I closed it myself, but now sometimes if I click in the Edit window the send will close itself.
Particularly annoying when using bus interrogation etc, you have to go back and find the track and the send that you had open before you showed only the tracks with that send.
Is there a way to switch off this behaviour?

Can you screen grab your EuControl Prefs..its staying open here for us (If you have the Sends Windows selected to Open in the Drop down Pref)

BScout 06-11-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2529217)
Can you screen grab your EuControl Prefs..its staying open here for us (If you have the Sends Windows selected to Open in the Drop down Pref)

And if you have it set to "Plugins Only", do you see the closing behaviour on Send windows?

For instance, I manually open sends when I want them, but changing to another track will kill the send window.

Cheesehead 06-11-2019 02:05 PM

Thanks BScout, Eddie.

unchecking "Close Windows on Workstation When Exiting" seems to have solved it.
Been working fine all day today.
I have the drop-down set to plugins only.

There are quite a few options in this new release to get your head around & not massively clear which ones cause the surface to follow PT or PT to follow the surface.

I seem to have hit a sweet spot now though.