Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   UVI Falcon 'Extras' (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=407180)

Rooxii 11-16-2019 01:45 PM

UVI Falcon 'Extras'

Hi, I can't find much information on Rex 1.7 library.pkg, the 'extra' that comes with the VI Falcon installer (PT 2019.6)

Apple flagging it as an unidentified developer doesn't inspire confidence, either.

I tried looking inside with Pacifist, but that caused Apple to flag it again (most unusual).

Using the Terminal command 'Expand' gives "Illegal byte sequence". Once again, not too inspiring.

Anyone have any info on this? Thanks.

musicman691 11-17-2019 04:41 AM

Re: UVI Falcon 'Extras'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooxii (Post 2544695)
Hi, I can't find much information on Rex 1.7 library.pkg, the 'extra' that comes with the VI Falcon installer (PT 2019.6)

Apple flagging it as an unidentified developer doesn't inspire confidence, either.

I tried looking inside with Pacifist, but that caused Apple to flag it again (most unusual).

Using the Terminal command 'Expand' gives "Illegal byte sequence". Once again, not too inspiring.

Anyone have any info on this? Thanks.

Have you tried Google?
Apparently it's some utility to play Rex files. I don't recall getting this file in either the Avid supplied Falcon 1.6 or the Falcon 2 from UVI. As to being flagged as an unidentified developer by Gatekeeper I'd not worry about that. All it means is the developer hasn't gotten it signed by Apple. There are a number of known-good developers whose products kick up this message.

ChuckS 11-17-2019 05:22 AM

REX is Propellerheads sample slicing. Scroll down on this page to see description: https://www.reasonstudios.com/recycle

Rooxii 11-17-2019 05:50 AM

musicman691:
Indeed. Signing protocol issues are common. An Illegal byte sequence flags are another matter, suggesting some diversion from the required UTF-8 encoding. Google it ,-)

I'm very curious that you didn't get the REX package in the UVI Falcon2 installer. I don't want UVI's portal – the only way to download their installer – so I've fired off an email.

ChuckS:
Yes, I'd seen that last night when DuckDuckGo'ing it (is that a verb yet?). I've not had install flags from Propellerhead (Reason) in the past.

I'll hold off until I hear back from UVI.

Thanks guys.

musicman691 11-17-2019 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooxii (Post 2544753)
musicman691:
Indeed. Signing protocol issues are common. An Illegal byte sequence flags are another matter, suggesting some diversion from the required UTF-8 encoding. Google it ,-)

I'm very curious that you didn't get the REX package in the UVI Falcon2 installer. I don't want UVI's portal – the only way to download their installer – so I've fired off an email.

ChuckS:
Yes, I'd seen that last night when DuckDuckGo'ing it (is that a verb yet?). I've not had install flags from Propellerhead (Reason) in the past.

I'll hold off until I hear back from UVI.

Thanks guys.

I didn't say I didn't get it but that I don't remember getting it. And you can't download the UVI Falcon installer unless you own the UVI Falcon. UVI Portal is innocuous and I love it. First got it when I got Digital Synsations some time ago. Keep in mind that UVI doesn't know who has the Avid-supplied Falcon - the two are completely separate deals. Put it this way - if you have a UVI account but NOT UVI's Falcon you will NOT see the Avid provided Falcon.

There's no problem with allowing the install to happen - just allow it via Gatekeeper. Many have done it with zero problems.

ChuckS 11-17-2019 06:44 AM

If you look in /Library/Application Support/PropellerHead and you see REX, then it's a non-issue. Reason is not the only app that installs this.

Rooxii 11-17-2019 07:28 AM

ChuckS:
Correct ,-)

musicman69:
"Many have done it with zero problems." Not really a good argument. Don't need the Others have, with Terrminal problems (pun intended). ,-)

Must try Digital Synsations sometime!

All sorted now. Thanks again to you both.