Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Adjusting sends pan and send volume goes to zero.. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=381528)

Audioartist 06-04-2016 05:51 AM

Adjusting sends pan and send volume goes to zero..

How am I going to be able to adjust sends pan from artist mixers without reseting sends volume?
Same thing on control and mix.

Mavericks
PT11.3.2
Eucon 3.4

Audioartist 06-08-2016 03:09 AM

Re: Adjusting sends pan and send volume goes to zero..

And the same thing on the S3. Very annoying!

Kyle Splittgerber 06-08-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audioartist (Post 2361725)
How am I going to be able to adjust sends pan from artist mixers without reseting sends volume?
Same thing on control and mix.

Mavericks
PT11.3.2
Eucon 3.4

What are the steps to make this happen?

Audioartist 06-08-2016 02:56 PM

Go inte sends, and if you have a stereosend, press the encoder to go into sends pan mode, you can now adjust sends pan but now you dont have any volume of the send anymore. Tried it on PT 12.5 today as well, same thing.

Audioartist 06-08-2016 03:00 PM

And also.. i can not opt + touch a send encoder to get it to unity gain anymore, but maybe that is some kind of preference setting that I can not find.

Kyle Splittgerber 06-08-2016 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audioartist (Post 2362717)
Go inte sends, and if you have a stereosend, press the encoder to go into sends pan mode, you can now adjust sends pan but now you dont have any volume of the send anymore. Tried it on PT 12.5 today as well, same thing.

Got it. Just logged a bug for this.

Also, the option + touch resetting send to -inf instead of 0db is already logged.

Thanks,

jetbitch 06-07-2017 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber (Post 2362757)
Got it. Just logged a bug for this.

Also, the option + touch resetting send to -inf instead of 0db is already logged.

Thanks,

has the send pan issue been fixed yet? i'm on latest eucon software 3.6 w/artist mix firmware 1.5.1.0 (it's borrowed so i don't want to mess with update in case the owner has it that way for a reason)

jetbitch 06-07-2017 04:09 PM

i just experimented with the same thing on pro tools control app for ipad. same result. when touching the name of a stereo send above the volume slider send pan becomes available at slot 8 but send level resets to default. i'm gonna guess that pro tools dock is same deal as well. c'mon guys!

EddieJones 06-07-2017 08:03 PM

This is already fixed in PT 12.8 in a couple of weeks.

yoerik roevens 06-08-2017 01:50 AM

one more on the sends: after writing send level to a track in trim mode (during playback or using write to commands), that track gets out of trim mode. (on the S3 that is. Works fine on d-command, haven`t tried this on the Artist series)