Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   HD Native and Pro Tools 10HD (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=309982)

zion 10-24-2011 10:11 AM

HD Native and Pro Tools 10HD

Anybody upgrade?

I would like to hear hows it's performing.:cool:

filosofem 10-24-2011 07:38 PM

Re: HD Native and Pro Tools 10HD

Pro Tools HD 10 with HD Native runs very well.

bobcats 10-31-2011 12:42 PM

What upgrade path did you chose?

filosofem 10-31-2011 08:02 PM

PTHD9 Upgrade path.

zion 11-03-2011 06:59 PM

Well I just upgraded and let me tell you I will not be going back to 9HD. What a difference! I'm running my projects @ a 32 sample buffer and it is much more stable allowing for way more track count. It feels like I'm on all hardware (snappy) if you know what I mean. Disk cache is awesome! I have 24GB 1600MHZ ram and I have disk cache set to 16GB leaving 8GB for the rest of Pro Tools and windows 7. Although I may not agree with the upgrade process, I must say Pro Tools 10HD is no doubt the best DAW out there now. You will not be disappointed. Everthing just seams to work better in HD10. Plugins and all. All my optimizations and settings are the same, just upgraded. My system ran very well on HD9 but perfomance and features wise on HD10 is definitely a big step forward. Now I'm looking forward to HD11. All I can say is wow! I'm blown away! This is the system I've been waiting for. A Pro Tools system that exceeds all my expectations and let me tell you, my expectations are very high. Good job Avid!

gives 11-03-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zion (Post 1860183)
Well I just upgraded and let me tell you I will not be going back to 9HD. What a difference! I'm running my projects @ a 32 sample buffer and it is much more stable allowing for way more track count. It feels like I'm on all hardware (snappy) if you know what I mean. Disk cache is awesome! I have 24GB 1600MHZ ram and I have disk cache set to 16GB leaving 8GB for the rest of Pro Tools and windows 7. Although I may not agree with the upgrade process, I must say Pro Tools 10HD is no doubt the best DAW out there now. You will not be disappointed. Everthing just seams to work better in HD 10. Plugins and all. All my optimizations and settings are the same, just upgraded. My system ran very well on HD9 but perfomance and features wise, it's definitely a big step forward. Now I'm looking forward to HD11. All I can say is wow! I'm blown away! This is the system I've been waiting for. A Pro Tools system that exceeds all my expectations and let me tell you, my expectations are very high. Good job Avid!

Great news!! I just downloaded my PT10HD for my MacProTower. G

mrpollack 11-04-2011 03:51 AM

Hi Guys

Here it's also going nice :-)..
The only issues I found is using max delay compensation while working on 32 sample buffor..It seems that CPU has some more problem with this setup and some 90xx errors are jumping out..

Also sometimes (not always ?!?!) when I record with 32 samples buffor while recording one track with quick punch(playing back whole session packed with plugins and VIs..), some wierd latency issue happens (like 50ms delay, while recording is engaging)..
But it used to happen also on my TDM PTHD2 system before ...so maybe it's some uncompatibile plugin related ?

Third thing,while using Rewire with my Halion3 sampler..
Works ok in session..but when I try to quit Pro Tools, it is always crashing..

Otherwise it's nice software and big pleasure to work with..

Greeting,
jacek

zion 11-04-2011 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpollack (Post 1860396)
Hi Guys

Here it's also going nice :-)..
The only issues I found is using max delay compensation while working on 32 sample buffor..It seems that CPU has some more problem with this setup and some 90xx errors are jumping out..

Also sometimes (not always ?!?!) when I record with 32 samples buffor while recording one track with quick punch(playing back whole session packed with plugins and VIs..), some wierd latency issue happens (like 50ms delay, while recording is engaging)..
But it used to happen also on my TDM PTHD2 system before ...so maybe it's some uncompatibile plugin related ?

Third thing,while using Rewire with my Halion3 sampler..
Works ok in session..but when I try to quit Pro Tools, it is always crashing..

Otherwise it's nice software and big pleasure to work with..

Greeting,
jacek

Is your i7 CPU still overclocked @ 5GHZ? Are you using intel CPU turbo boost
technology:confused: If your are, try clocking CPU at Fixed standard speed no overclock and turn off intel turbo boost in the MOB bios and see how it performs.

bobcats 11-04-2011 08:08 AM

Went to the Parsons Expo in Dedham yesterday, saw a Demo of ProTools10HD

They had a 17" MacBook Pro with an I7 CPU running a Native card in a micro Magma chassis, into an Avid Omni

Running a session with 30+ tracks loaded with plugs and video, streaming off a thumb drive. Then he loaded the session into Ram, and it was even snappier
Pretty Impressive