Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ICON & C|24 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   D-Command firmware (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=329865)

Patrick Bateman 10-23-2012 11:38 AM

D-Command firmware

Hi,

I have a brand new D-Command. I set it up under Ethernet on Peripeherals. The only problem is it warns me about x10.0.0.0 firmware when I have v.10.0.0.0 firmware. I try to load the firmware and it consistently fails about 2/3rd the way through. The D-Command is fully functioning which makes this stranger. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Chris Lambrechts 10-23-2012 12:05 PM

Re: D-Command firmware

Hi Patrick,

The x in front of the firmware may indicate a mismatch between the FMC (fader motor controller) board and the comm board.

When you go into utilities you should be able to see / identify the fw version for fader and comm.

What kind of setup do you have ? Main only or fader packs as well. The fw should be the same across all units.

Lets's start there. If there is a mismatch, can you power cycle the units -> hold down the solo + select + mute switches on the first channel strip and power up. That should reset the fw to factory. Next, launch PT and redeclare the units in the peripherals menu to reflash the firmware.

Let us know what the result is.

Thanks

Patrick Bateman 10-23-2012 01:55 PM

Hi Chris,

Thank you replying. I have just the D-Command and the XMON. I have no supplemental fader packs.

I have power cycled both the D-Command and Xmon to no avail. Firmware still fails, but it keeps working. But still, everytime I go into Perpherals/Ehternet, it warns me about his firmware.

Is there any other way to load firmware? Maybe a direct network connection with a laptop to remote in or something?

Craig F 10-23-2012 08:14 PM

turn the unit off
hold down the Mute, Solo and, Select buttons on the strip 1 (the right most strip if standing behind the unit)
keep holding the buttons down and turn the unit on

this will reset the firmware and should allow a update

Chris Lambrechts 10-24-2012 05:41 AM

Can you list what the read out of the firmware in the utilities page is for comm and fader boards ?

Chris

Patrick Bateman 10-24-2012 08:16 AM

HI,

I was able to reset the firmware via the 3 button combo, and I still failed firmware update to the D-Command with the same error noted above.

When I got to Peripherals/Synchonization, I see that the current firmware is set to 2.2.1. I am also on ProTools HD 10.3.....

Still stuck. The D-Command works, but I just have a bad feeling about this firmware not updating....

-Patrick

Chris Lambrechts 11-03-2012 05:03 AM

Get in touch with CS. You should try to resolve this. The unit will work fine. And you can perfectly run on older firmware but for future reference and since this unit is brand new I would get it sorted.

Chris

Davidwilson 09-26-2020 09:00 PM

Hi

Just seeing if this was ever resolved.
I am having the exact same issue and the focus fader is not operating