Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   am i the only one who's a little disappointed? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=333735)

ilulilu888 01-25-2013 02:35 AM

am i the only one who's a little disappointed?

i don't know....namm show....2013....i was actually waiting for a 64bit Protools...it seems a bit overdue by now.....
a part from 2.5 new plugins....which are not even free for HDX users who paid allot of money in the past few month....nothing is new ....
i am a little disappointed this time......it seems that apogee came out with the biggest things in this namm show....

muesli 01-25-2013 05:08 AM

Re: am i the only one who's a little disappointed?

+1

Cliffy_Boy 01-25-2013 07:23 AM

My finger is killing from constantly clicking links to all the plug in developers to see if they had any DSP announcements. McDSP, Plugin Alliance, Sonnox and Softube. You'd have thought by now McDSP would have had a few new updates. Plugin Alliance too - who actually tried to charge me for Bx_XL V2 which is basically the DSP version of Bx_XL V1 which I was promised by Dirk himself would be a free update.

I counted the days to yesterday at 1 PM expecting a real Waves solution, PT 11 and some Plugin AAX DSP availabilities. Alls I gots is an Orange Amps valve tester and another compressor from AVID.

Now I have to wait until October AES. The years roll by...

ejwells 01-25-2013 07:37 AM

I expected nothing, so no disappointment here.

ronwasserman 01-25-2013 08:11 AM

The company is having a hard time just fixing issues with PT10. When would they ever have time to develop PT11? Most of their developers have moved on over the last few years.

It's amazing they were even able to make a few new plugs. (That they'll drop support on in a few years.)

francois 01-25-2013 08:52 AM

YES but i knew i would and there is always a good reason

The reason i was forking money toward plugin was easy recall and ease of use and great sound

It's no longer the norm , I have to go thru loops to reopen older session, find which plugin have been ported to AAX,which one is only TDM and not even RTAS.

:-) So back to my trusted Hardware and the future spending is heading toward more of it

:D Also thinking of rigging a Protool HD system just to run the TDM's

Jay_uk 01-25-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronwasserman (Post 2000835)
The company is having a hard time just fixing issues with PT10. When would they ever have time to develop PT11? Most of their developers have moved on over the last few years.

It's amazing they were even able to make a few new plugs. (That they'll drop support on in a few years.)

The pro audio team late last year spent a week at Abbey Road Studios and brought a video crew along with them. The result, a brand new documentary series that takes you inside the legendary studio and follows the emerging UK band Strangefruit as they attempt to make their own mark.
-----

Jolly good time, i,m sure ;)

Drew Mazurek 01-25-2013 01:52 PM

If I were a betting man, I'd say Avid got wind of this Waves DSP thing and put HDX out before they wanted to.

psmworld 01-26-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmazurek (Post 2000939)
If I were a betting man, I'd say Avid got wind of this Waves DSP thing and put HDX out before they wanted to.

no, the waves/digigrid thing is way too complicated, way too much boxes to buy.

in these times people want easy and small setups. converter box + computer, finito.

why the heck should someone buy the digigrid hardware for just some plugins... waves apa was a nightmare, and the new version is a niche product.

you´ll get massive horsepower out of the actual mac pro, instantiating a ton of waves plugins is no problem in most cases, so no need for this complicated system.

Drew Mazurek 01-26-2013 06:05 AM

I was just kidding. But I do think HDX was rushed out the door. Had that launch been handled better, 8-10 months later, with MULTIPLE 3rd party vendors announcing support THAT SAME DAY, things would be very different. Heck, I might even own one. As it is now, I sat back and watched, then went with HD Native (and a UAD card) and couldn't be happier.