Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   AAE ERROR -30001 - with PSP VintageWarmer 2 and other PSP plugins (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=355737)

jasperhb 06-22-2014 05:56 AM

AAE ERROR -30001 - with PSP VintageWarmer 2 and other PSP plugins

Hi,

Anyone else having issues with using PSP Audioware AAX plugins in PT 11.1.3 on x64 Windows 8.1 (update 1)(*)?

I can use PSP Audioware plugins if I start a blank session and use no other plugins, but if I use for instance VintageWarmer2 on a more complex session with multiple tracks, busses and other plugins I will get an AAE ERROR -30001 and for every new PSP Audioware plugin I add the AAE ERROR will occure with an increment fo the error code - i.e. -30002, -30003 ... -3000n.

I've seen the error with VintageWarmer2, OldTimer, RetroQ, ClassicQ, BussPressor and more, but I've not seen it with PPM2.

Any ideas what this is and how to run Diagnostics? I've raised a support question with PSP Audioware and are awaiting their response.

Rgds

(* The PC was reinstalled from the buttom up this very week. I had the issue on the previous installation also.)

WKG 06-22-2014 07:15 AM

Re: AAE ERROR -30001 - with PSP VintageWarmer 2 and other PSP plugins

They seem stable for the most part but I did experience a rare crash when toggling the Fat setting on Vintage Warmer2 yesterday. I haven't seen the errors you mention though.

jasperhb 06-23-2014 01:02 AM

Update: Just got word from PSP Audioware that they are working on an update that is likely to address the issue.

Eric Lambert 06-23-2014 07:19 AM

These PSP/AAX errors have existed for many months, no? We had to go back to RTAS for some of their plugins.

jasperhb 06-23-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Lambert (Post 2166120)
These PSP/AAX errors have existed for many months, no? We had to go back to RTAS for some of their plugins.

Yes, I've seen the error for a couple of months. It seems PSP is aware of the issue and that they are currently working on an update to the plugins.

jasperhb 07-18-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasperhb (Post 2166158)
Yes, I've seen the error for a couple of months. It seems PSP is aware of the issue and that they are currently working on an update to the plugins.

Still not fixed but I know they are trying.

Have anyone else seen this error and been able to zero in on the cause?

Thanks

WKG 07-18-2014 03:34 PM

There is a beta on the VW download page. I haven't tried it but maybe it's a fix in progress?

Eric Lambert 07-18-2014 06:06 PM

Last week I went to PSP's site and downloaded all plugins again, even though the version numbers hadn't changed. After installing, all plugins which I own (and it's most of PSP's) are displayed correctly. I don't know if PSP made changes or if it's related to ProTools updates but I don't care - they're working!

jasperhb 07-19-2014 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Lambert (Post 2172336)
Last week I went to PSP's site and downloaded all plugins again, even though the version numbers hadn't changed. After installing, all plugins which I own (and it's most of PSP's) are displayed correctly. I don't know if PSP made changes or if it's related to ProTools updates but I don't care - they're working!

I've gone further than that. I reinstalled the whole PC.

The tricky part is that if I start a new PT session I have no issues adding psp plugins to it, however if I try to add psp plugins to an already buzy session then I see the error.

Also, if I add a psp plugin early in a session it will continue to work even as the session grows, however it will not work if I start adding psp's late. It is really a tricky bug this one.

Btw, all other plugs I own that are axx 64-bit compatible on a PC works fine. And I own quite a few plugins gathered over the years.

Eric Lambert 07-19-2014 09:07 AM

Yes, that is odd behavior from a plugin.